The Zambia Institute of Mass Communication (ZAMCOM) was established under the ZAMCOM Act of Parliament of 1996 to provide Communications and Media training and production services to government, non-government, private sector and individual clients within Zambia and the Southern African region. ZAMCOM has recently been undergoing a corporate renewal and is currently implementing a new strategic plan aiming at positioning the organization to becoming financially viable and independent.
As part of its transformation process, ZAMCOM is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill in the following position;
(Reporting to The Executive Director)
- To plan, control, monitor and report on all financial activities of the organization in order to provide timely advice and effective support to the organization.
- The position also doubles as Board Secretary.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain Documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Preparation of yearend financial statements for external auditing and liasing with external auditors
- Supervision and development of finance staff
- Liaising with external Auditors and resolving audit queries during audits
- Responsible for safeguarding of all assets of ZAMCOM and maintaining a fixed asset register
- Reviewing and strengthening of the internal control environment
- Reviewing and authorizing of local purchase orders for procurement purposes
- Ensuring statutory returns are paid on time- PAYE and NAPSA
- Ensuring the payroll is processed on time
- Ensuring adequate financial resources are mobilized and all financial lines are performing as budgeted
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports for internal reporting
- Preparing reporting briefs for the Board of Trustees
Cash flow Management:
- Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs and available funds for investment
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operations.
- Cash flow planning, treasury management and relationship(s) building with banks and other stakeholders
- Assist in determining the company’s proper capital structure
- Use hedging to mitigate financial risk related to the interest rates.
- Preparation of budget in conjunction with other heads of departments and presentation of the budget to the Board.
- Interpret the company’s financial results to management and recommend improvements activities
- Report to Management and the Board on variances from the established budget and reasons for variance
- Key member of management in the formulation of overall strategic direction
Leadership and Supervision:
- Ability to provide leadership and people management to the team
- Guide and lead in the management of performance
Board Secretarial Duties:
- Assist the Executive Director to effectively serve the Board and its committees by
- Ensuring meetings are effectively organized, minutes are taken, circulated and agreed actions are carried out for both the Board and Senior Management.
- Maintaining effective records and administration such as keeping up-to-date contact details (i.e. names, addresses and telephone numbers) for the board members and filing of minutes and reports.
- Upholding the legal requirements of governing documents.
- Preparation of the organization’s activity reports for specified periods such as quarterly and annual reports.
- Full Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy or Finance
- Full professional qualification in ACCA/CIMA/ZICA/CA Zambia
- Fully paid up Associate or Follow Member of ZICA
- 5 years post qualifying experience of which 3 years should be at Senior Management level
- Knowledge of Pastel Accounting package. A Must.
- Knowledge of Auditing Practices and Principles
- Relevant Master’s Degree qualification will be an added advantage
How to Apply
Applications accompanied by photocopies of academic and professional qualifications; NRC with detailed Curriculum Vitae giving at least three (3) traceable references should be sent to:
The Executive Director,
Zambia Institute of Mass Communication Educational Trust,
3529 Government Road,
PO Box 50386 RW,
Or send via email to:
For further information or clarification, you can please contact the Human Resource Office on
+260-211-251811 or 0961189311
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.