The Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board (WCFCB) is a social security scheme responsible for compensating workers in respect of accidents suffered and diseases contracted during the course of employment in accordance with the provisions of the Workers’ Compensation Act No. 10 of 1999 of the Laws of Zambia.
The Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board invites applications from suitably qualified Zambian citizens to fill the following vacant position.
- To promote and maintain safety consciousness in work places and colleges in order to comply with the Workers ‘ Compensation Board Act, Factories Act and Mine safety Act.
- Carries out walk through inspections of equipment, machinery and working conditions for accident prevention devices at various work places in order to ensure high safety and health standards.
- Lectures on health and safety at seminars and workshops at places of work and higher learning institutions throughout the country
- Compiles and provide safety handouts for employers’ and employees’ safety education so that they are well equipped with necessary information
- Prepares reports on walk through inspections of work places in order to update management and the Ministry of Labour and Social Security
- Prepares monthly Programmes to be undertaken by the Section in order to submit them to the superior for approval
- Supervises subordinates in their day to day operations effectively so as to ensure efficiency.
- Inspects specified areas for fire prevention equipment and other safety and first cid provisions, test working areas for noise, toxics and other hazards using c decibel meter gas detector and light meter in order report findings with recommendations for corrective action.
Candidates must have the following:
- Grade Twelve (12) Certificate with five (5) credits or better which should include English and Mathematics.
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree/Degree in Occupational Health and Safety
- Must be a member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ).
- At least three (3) years’ relevant experience.
- MUST have a Valid Driver’s license of two years and above.
- Numerical and interpersonal skills
- Good personal organization
- Computer literacy
How to Apply
Applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae with traceable referees, certified copies of all relevant academic and Professional certificates, copy of National Registration Card (NRC) or Passport to support your application with contact details indicating day time telephone/mobile numbers should be submitted to the following address:
Manager – Human Resources and Administration,
Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board,
Corner Broadway/Moffat Road,
PO Box 71534
VISION ZER000 2030
Safety. Healthy. Wellbeing
Please note that you DO NOT need apply if you don’t meet the minimum job requirements and note also that only successful candidates will be contacted.