The Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board (WCFCB) is a social security scheme responsible for compensating workers in respect of accidents suffered and diseases contracted during the course of employment in accordance with the provisions of the Workers’ Compensation Act No. 10 of 1999 of the Laws of Zambia.
The Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board invites applications from suitably qualified Zambian citizens to fill the following vacant position.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the overall Information and Communication Technology (ICT) strategy and service delivery across the Board.
- Coordinate the development of the section strategies, and consolidate the strategies to ensure the ICT directorate supports the implementation of the WCFCB business strategy for enhanced efficiency and effectiveness in operations.
- Formulate and maintain Information Technology governance frameworks and polices aligned with major frameworks and standards in the marketplace.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of section work plans to ensure the section strategies are implemented within the set time lines and quality standards.
- Consolidate the section budgets and facilitate the allocation of resources critical for the implementation of the section strategies that support the overall ICT strategy.
- Develop implementable strategies that align Information Technology plans and technology-related decisions with business strategy to deliver maximum business value.
- Develop effective stakeholder communication and engagement strategies to ensure better control over increasing user-initiated and user-controlled Information Technology solutions.
- Provide advisory services to the Board in the area of innovation and emerging digital technologies in order to ensure short-term and long-term sustainable returns on Information Technology investments.
- Establish and maintain robust enterprise security management, risk management, and up to date business continuity plans for all Information Technology services and systems in line with the Board’ s strategic objectives
- Coordinate the ICT directorate sections in the development of policies and procedures in order to provide guidelines that enhance compliance with legal guidelines, and with the other WCFCB policies and procedures.
- Supervise the management of ICT changes in the directorate, and within the rest of the Board, in order to minimise disruption to business operations as a result of resistance.
- Monitor ICT service delivery in order to ensure maximum ICT support to users for enhanced utilisation of ICT facilities that enhance efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
- Formulate and monitor the implementation of the directorate budgetary control policies and procedures to ensure optimal resource utilization at WCFCB that supports cost management objectives of the Board.
- Monitor the utilization and maintenance of the Information Communication Technology resources and Infrastructure at WCFCB, to ensure the infrastructure and resources provide optimum service for the Board, and to support cost management through a reduction in breakdowns.
- Coordinate the development of new systems or modification of existing ones to ensure the Information and Communication Technology infrastructure is responsive to the needs of WCFCB, in order to provide an efficient platform from which to administer assessment income.
- Develop the WCFCB Information Technology standard operating procedures and best practices, to provide guidance to users in order to achieve maximum benefits, and to ensure delivery of high quality service by the staff in the Information and Communication Technology department.
- Coordinate the implementation of Information Communication Technology projects, to ensure the delivery of the projects in line with the set timelines, quality standards and budget.
- Review ICT systems, procedures and policies in line with best practice and the WCFCB operational needs and strategies, to ensure the WCFCB business operations are supported by an ICT framework that is responsive to the needs of the Board.
- Coordinate the preparation of specifications for the software and hardware to be procured in support of the WCFCB operations, to ensure the software and hardware are compatible with the needs of the Board.
- Monitor compliance with all regulations, procedures, policies and quality standards in the delivery of service, to ensure WCFCB is protected from penalties that result from non – compliance with regulations, and to support the provision of quality and timely support to the operations of WCFCB.
- Develop and coordinate the implementation of the ICT infrastructure that is responsive to the needs of WCFCB, and that considers best practice, to enhance efficiency in the administration of assessment income. In liaison with the human resource department, coordinate the development of staff in the department to ensure the availability of competencies required for successful implementation of the ICT strategy, and staff performance management to enhance the achievement of the WCFCB objectives in the administration of assessment income.
- Develop disaster recovery systems and business continuity plans, to ensure the directorate continues to deliver support in the administration of assessment income at all times.
- Coordinate the provision of technical support to end users for all hardware and software , to facilitate ease in the use of information technology in the operations of WCFCB, hence enhancement of efficiency and effectiveness in the delivery of service in the administration of assessment income.
- In liaison with the legal services department , review and approve service level agreements and other contracts for the ICT deportment to ensure the contractual relationships consider all the needs of WCFCB and that the contracts enhance value for money for the Board.
- Review reports generated by section heads in order to identify gaps in IT service delivery, and recommend solutions to the gaps identified.
- Maintains liaison with Information Technology vendors on software and hardware use, determining fitness of purpose, discussing necessary modifications, and entering into appropriate agreements so that necessary systems can be implemented for the Board’s benefit.
- Consults departmental heads to determine the direction and strategy for Information Technology applications in order to help achieve departmental and corporate objectives.
- Identifies areas of Information Technology that would generate the greatest benefit for the Board given the resources at hand so that departmental duties are executed efficiently.
- Develops a maintenance plan to ensure high availability and optimum operating levels of computer equipment.
- Maintains corporate IT policy and system documentation.
- Manages application systems, determines user needs and develops/ acquires appropriate software.
- Manages the corporate database to ensure security, backup, integrity, availability and accuracy of data.
Candidates must have the following:
- Grade Twelve (12) Certificate with five (5) credits or better which should include English and Mathematics.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- MSc Computer Science/Computer Engineering or any Business related studies.
- Relevant IT Certification.
- Not less than ten (10) years of IT generalist and strategy formulation experience at a
- senior management level in an organisation of similar site.
- ICT strategy development, implementation and monitoring skills
- ICT policies and procedures development skills
- IT Disaster recovery management skills
- Business continuity management skills
- Systems administration skills
- Service excellence and analysis skills
- Web solutions design and management skills
- Software development skills
- IT Security Management and Cybercrime skills
- Database Management skills
- IT Infrastructure development and Management skills
- Server configuration and management skills
- Numerical and interpersonal skills
- Change management skills
- Analytical thinking skills
- Budgeting and planning skills
- Report writing skills
- Good personal organization Skills
- Leadership skills
- Customer service skills
- Relationship management skills
- Decision making skills
- Corporate Citizenship
How to Apply
Applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae with traceable referees, certified copies of all relevant academic and Professional certificates, copy of National Registration Card (NRC) or Passport to support your application with contact details indicating day time telephone/mobile numbers should be submitted to the following address:
Manager – Human Resources and Administration,
Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board,
Corner Broadway/Moffat Road,
PO Box 71534,
VISION ZER000 2030
Safety. Healthy. Wellbeing
Please note that you DO NOT need apply if you don’t meet the minimum job requirements and note also that only successful candidates will be contacted.