The Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board (WCFCB) is a social security scheme responsible for compensating workers in respect of accidents suffered and diseases contracted during the course of employment in accordance with the provisions of the Workers’ Compensation Act No. 10 of 1999 of the Laws of Zambia.
The Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board invites applications from suitably qualified Zambian citizens to fill the following vacant position.
- To ensure the availability of robust Information and Communication Technology (ICT) infrastructure, systems and services that supports the Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board’s strategic business objectives.
- Running regular checks on network and data security.
- Identifying and acting on opportunities to improve and update software and systems.
- Developing and implementing IT policy and best practice guides for the organization.
- Conducting regular system audits.
- Running and sharing regular operation system reports with senior staff.
- Overseeing and determining time frames for major IT projects including system updates, upgrades, migrations and outages.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of the IT Security Strategy across the Board, to ensure the IT platform provides protection of Board information that is critical in the administration of assessment income.
- Implement the Board’s approved enterprise-wide Business Continuity Plan (BCP) to ensure high availability of business applications and protection of the Board ‘s data.
- Develop and implement work plans to facilitate the implementation of the IT Security Strategy within set time lines and quality standards.
- Provide support to all applications in development to enhance efficiency and effectiveness in the process.
- Evaluate all raised issues and impact analysis and recommend solutions and work around to ensure minimal disruptions to business operations.
- Develop and implement a Change Management Process for IT system changes in order to provide guidelines critical for the successful management of IT changes for minimal disruptions to business operations.
- Coordinate all the changes in IT to ensure minimal resistance to the changes, and to enhance efficiency and effectiveness in the process for minimal disruptions to business operations.
- Develop and implement infrastructure rollout and replacement strategy across the Board in order to provide a strong IT framework that is critical in the administration of assessment income.
- Develop comprehensive disaster recovery architecture and ensure compliance with the required RPOs and RTOs during business continuity events, in order to prevent interruptions to business operations in the event of any incident.
- Implement shareable devices across the Board starting with printing services to enhance efficiency and effectiveness in the delivery of service.
- Develop and implement an optimal Wide Area Network design and achieve 99% up times in order to support business continuity at all time.
- Develop and monitor the implementation of the IT service delivery strategy to ensure the operations of the directorate support the provision of a strong IT framework critical for the implementation of the Board ‘s business strategy.
- Develop and implement service delivery standards to ensure the directorate provides timely and quality support in the administration of assessment income.
- Coordinate the provision of user support to ensure the attainment of the set service standards and high customer satisfaction index.
- Monitor user support in the use of all the Board’s Information Technology, to ensure it is in line with the set service standards.
- Managing and reporting on allocation of IT budget.
- Providing direction for IT team members.
- Identifying opportunities for team training and skills advancement.
Candidates must have the following:
- Grade Twelve (12) Certificate with five (5) credits or better which should include English and Mathematics.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- MSc Computer Science/Computer Engineering or any Business related field.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in a similar role.
- ICT policies and procedures development skills
- IT Disaster recovery management skills
- Business continuity management skills
- Systems administration skills
- Service excellence and analysis skills
- Web solutions design and management skills
- Software development skills
- IT Security Management and Cybercrime skills
- Database Management skills
- IT Infrastructure development and Management skills
- Server configuration and management skills
- Numerical and interpersonal skills
- Change management skills
- Analytical thinking skills
- Budgeting and planning skills
- Report writing skills
- Good personal organization Skills
- Leadership skills
- Customer service skills
- Relationship management skills
- Decision making skills
- Corporate Citizenship
- Numerical and interpersonal skills.
- Good personal organization skills.
How to Apply
Applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae with traceable referees, certified copies of all relevant academic and Professional certificates, copy of National Registration Card (NRC) or Passport to support your application with contact details indicating day time telephone/mobile numbers should be submitted to the following address:
Manager – Human Resources and Administration,
Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board,
Corner Broadway/Moffat Road,
PO Box 71534,
VISION ZER000 2030
Safety. Healthy. Wellbeing
Please note that you DO NOT need apply if you don’t meet the minimum job requirements and note also that only successful candidates will be contacted.