The Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board (WCFCB) is a social security scheme responsible for compensating workers in respect of accidents suffered and diseases contracted during the course of employment in accordance with the provisions of the Workers’ Compensation Act No. 10 of 1999 of the Laws of Zambia.
The Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board invites applications from suitably qualified Zambian citizens to fill the following vacant position.
- To manage the investment portfolio of the Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board to ensure that the Fund assets are secure, sufficient and are grown to cover the Fund’s liabilities.
- Develop and implement the investments strategies for investing in long run and short run in accordance with WCFCB ‘ s investment policies and investment guidelines, ensuring that all investments activities are aligned with the WCFCB business objectives.
- Develop the section budget and work plan to ensure sufficient allocation of critical resources for the implementation of the investment strategy efficiently to meet the set time lines.
- Submits investments recommendations, competitive offers in the market including Forex deals, structures and creates financial products and reviews all final investments appraisals in order to, make placements and invest in the money and capital markets.
- Co-ordinate and handle all short term and long term investments made by WCFCB, through reports provided by the Director- Investments, monitors the performance of all investments constantly, evaluates their efficiency and recommends appropriate changes in investments strategy.
- Monitor compliance with the relevant regulations and laws on investments management, to ensure minimal exposure to risks associated with noncompliance and the board is informed accordingly.
- Monitor WCFCB’ s cash flow procedures and processes to ensure alignment with the relevant laws and regulations.
- Manage and supervise all aspects of cash flows and Forecasts of day to day cash requirements and direct surplus into asset classes both short and long term investments, planning mergers and acquisitions
- Designing and executing trading and hedging transactions to move the WCFCB portfolio to strategic benchmarks or strategic targets.
- Reviews investment monthly and quarterly performance reports, performance of all financial institutions, and investee companies, custodians, specialised asset managers dealing with WCFCB, and to safe Board’ s funds.
- Assess, develop and implement financial management systems and recommend strategies that improve cash management systems for efficiency and transparency within WCFCB.
- To carry out section performance objective setting, appraisals, coaching, and preparation of training needs of all members of staff, for enhanced staff motivation and work performance improvement.
- Calculates and details the daily changes in the portfolio in order to provide information necessary to influence change in investment decisions
- Analyses financial and researched information and information obtained through liaison in order to forecast business, industry, and economic conditions for use when recommending investment opportunities in the Investment Papers. Results of the analysis included in the Investment Papers form a basis for making decisions by Management
- Prepares Investment Papers recommending investment opportunities to take by Management.
- Presents investment Papers to the Management Investment Committee in order to make Committee Members be in a Position to make informed investment decisions.
- Initiates transfer of funds for placement in respective investments and ensuring that the funds are actually placed.
Candidates must have the following:
- Grade Twelve ( 12) Certificate with five (5) credits or better which should include English and Mathematics.
- Degree in Economics and / or Finance, ACCA, CIMA
- Master’ s Degree in Economics/Finance/MBA or equivalent
- At least five (5) years’ experience in a similar role.
- Investment strategy, implementation and monitoring.
- Capitol expenditure and investment evaluation.
- Strategic thinking and planning.
- Cash management.
- Liquidity management.
- Corporate finance.
- Compliance with relevant regulations.
- Financial management.
- Numerical and interpersonal skills
- Good personal organisation
How to Apply
Applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae with traceable referees, certified copies of all relevant academic and Professional certificates, copy of National Registration Card (NRC) or Passport to support your application with contact details indicating day time telephone/mobile numbers should be submitted to the following address:
Manager – Human Resources and Administration,
Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board,
Corner Broadway/Moffat Road,
PO Box 71534,
VISION ZER000 2030
Safety. Healthy. Wellbeing
Please note that you DO NOT need apply if you don’t meet the minimum job requirements and note also that only successful candidates will be contacted.