The Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board (WCFCB) is a social security scheme responsible for compensating workers in respect of accidents suffered and diseases contracted during the course of employment in accordance with the provisions of the Workers’ Compensation Act No. 10 of 1999 of the Laws of Zambia.
The Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board invites applications from suitably qualified Zambian citizens to fill the following vacant position.
- To deliver fitness sessions to members of staff and to educate, inspire and motivate them to keep fit and healthy through exercise as part of their daily routine and life plan.
- Assist in the smooth day-to-day running of the gym and fitness facilities.
- Inducting new users (members of staff) into the gym.
- Supervise general use and ensure correct use of the equipment at all times.
- Help members of staff to identify personal goals and develop personalised fitness programmes tailored to support and motivate them.
- Lead group stretch and strength sessions.
- Ensure potential hazards are dealt with and reported to the Supervisor.
- Keeping the gym clean and tidy and making sure all loose equipment are stored safely after use.
- Ensure that members of staff are trained in all sporting activities the Board participates in.
- Ensure that all staff welfare programs that keep the members of staff healthy are conducted routinely.
- In liaison with the Occupational, Safety and Health Directorate, initiate and implement safety measures in work areas within the Board.
- Inspect work area premises within the Board for hazardous elements.
- Collaborate with departmental heads in implementing safety processes.
- Establish and manage first aid centre within the Board.
- Ensure first aid treatment is provided immediately to injured employees.
- Strictly adhere to corporate safety guidelines and procedures.
- Educating members cf staff how to keep a healthy living.
- In liaison with the Administrative Officer, ensures that working environments are clean, safe and free of accidents.
- In liaison with the Administrative Officer ensures that sanitary facilities are adequate and clean.
- In liaison with the Administrative Officer, ensures that there is clean and awesome water for all members of staff.
- Ensures that there is provision of rest rooms for all breastfeeding mothers (members of staff) across the Board.
- Ensures that health education is provided to members of staff.
- Ensures that medical facilities for all members of staff at Headquarters and Branch
- Network are arranged with nearby hospitals and clinics.
- Arranges for all funeral facilitations to members of staff across the Board.
- Arranges visitations to members of staff who are sick in hospitals and at home.
- Build Q network of external therapists/counsellors and other specialists to whom staff members can be referred as appropriate;
- Develops programmes designed to improve the quality of life of staff members within the Board;
- Monitors environmental factors that could lead to unhealthy life style;
- Improves the recreational and sociol opportunities forstaff by convening representative staff welfare meetings/programs;
- Assists in carrying out hygiene surveys in the Board;
- Any other duties other duties that may be assigned.
Candidates must have the following:
- Grade Twelve (12) Certificate with at least four (4) passes.
- Certificate in ony Business related Studies plus a Certificate in Sports/ health
- Science and Fitness Training or equivalent.
- At least two (2) years’ relevant experience.
- Passionate about delivering high quality services.
- Friendly, cheerful, positive and self-driven.
- Self-motivated and enjoy working as part of a team.
- A creative and innovative thinker.
How to Apply
Applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae with traceable referees, certified copies of all relevant academic and Professional certificates, copy of National Registration Card (NRC) or Passport to support your application with contact details indicating day time telephone/mobile numbers should be submitted to the following address:
Manager – Human Resources and Administration,
Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board,
Corner Broadway/Moffat Road,
PO Box 71534,
VISION ZER000 2030
Safety. Healthy. Wellbeing
Please note that you DO NOT need apply if you don’t meet the minimum job requirements and note also that only successful candidates will be contacted.