FHI360/Zambia is inviting applications from interested persons, who meet the minimum requirements to fill the following country platform position:
Location – Lusaka
Reports to – Senior Human Resources Officer
Under the guidance of the Senior Human Resources Officer (SHRO), the Human Resource Officer (HRO) will provide support in the day-to-day operations under human resource office in functional areas including recruitment, employee relations, benefits administration, compensation, HRIS, and training.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Administer FHI Zambia’s rewards and benefit systems. This includes salaries and bonuses plus employee benefits, such as pensions, life assurance, and medical insurance packages.
- Assist in the interpretation of HR-related policies and procedures that guide the day- to-day operations in the FHI 360 Zambia country office.
- Contribute to the development and editing of HR related policies and procedures.
- Work with the Senior HR Officer in ensuring the implementation of performance assessments across the FHI 360 Zambia country office, assessing and identifying development opportunities that strengthens the human resources role as a strategic partner.
- Work to develop assigned program areas in functional areas, e.g. orientation program, recruitment program, benefits program, benefits enrollment, payroll and pay scales, etc.
- Work with the Senior HR Officer to develop HR metrics that guide management decision making in areas such as training, staff retention, exit surveys, and employee feedback.
- Make out offer letters for vetting. Send out offer letters to candidates’ mail boxes/ surface addresses.
- Assist in the filing of documents appropriately into personnel files and subject files daily.
- Support the recruitment process with tasks such as preparing shortlists, scheduling of interviews and conducting reference checks.
- Coordinate new hire orientation and ensure all relevant documents are included on orientation package.
- Follow-up on timesheet and leave matters.
- Assist in providing support to the FHI 360 Zambia management team and field offices in industrial relations issues including conflict management and grievance procedures.
- Provide support to ensure day-to-day operations of HR-related functions in Lusaka and across the provincial offices, are addressed in a timely, efficient, and proactive manner.
- Apply professional HR practices and regulations to existing and new programs.
- Update personnel records in Workday and other FHI 360 HRIS tools and software.
- Coordinate with payroll in preparing personnel action records and other payroll inputs including new hires, promotions, and other payroll related actions.
- Apply FHI 360 HR best practices and standards to existing and new programs.
- Contribute to development and integration of FHI 360 HR best practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
- Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume work flow.
- Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
- Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in timely and efficient manner.
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality for sensitive Human Resources issues or projects and use judgment to execute duties and responsibilities.
- Record keeping, report preparation, filing methods and records management techniques.
- Use a computer to accurately and rapidly enter and retrieve data and information.
- Strong knowledge in salary structure and development, benefits and compensation, surveys/benchmarking and job evaluation systems.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with ability to work as a team member.
- Objectivity and the ability to apply HR rules and regulations in a fair and consistent manner.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25%.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelors’ degree in Business Administration/Human Resource Management, Social Science, or related field with 3 – 5 years relevant experience with at least 2 years of management experience or Diploma in Human Resource Management with 5 – 8 years relevant experience.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
- Experience of HR in the international development organization is an advantage.
- Must a member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management.
- Instructions for submission of application letters and CVs:
How to Apply
Interested candidates can apply through FHI 360 career at www.fhi360.org/careers
*Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.