Grassroot Soccer (GRS) is in the process of recruiting for the role of Program Coordinator, the focus of the role is the overall leadership, quality control and supervision of the implementation of the project activities, Overall responsibility for the implementations and delivery of the NIH SKILLZ Study project in Lusaka Zambia. It involves coordinating a team of community Volunteers who implement project activities at various school sites throughout Lusaka. Responsibilities for the role will include but not limited to:-
- Ensure continuous implementation of the program in collaboration with the Site Coordinators
- Liase with Programs team on the recruitment plan and actively recruit new schools for all skillz interventions.
- Provides guidance in decision making concerning daily planning and realisation of activities in accordance with approved program schedule of site coordinators
- Engages and supervises facilitators
- Human resources management of facilitators including background checks.
- Finalises monthly reports of site coordinators for submission to the Program Manager on time
- Oversees monitoring of the GRS curriculum activities
- Manage VCT event logistics, before, during and after each event and assist in the planning of all community events.
- Participate in Training of Coaches and help CDT in planning for trainings.
- Implement coach recruitment plan as per instructions from Programs Manager and participate in coach interviews
- Conduct pro-active regular site visits to skills practices.
- Assist in the inventory of all program materials purchased for participant use.
- Ensure compliance of activities with project policies and donor contracts.
- Ensure Timesheets are filled in corectly and submitted to the Finance Officer on time ensuring coaches receive payments on time.
- Bridge communication between Facilitators and the Program Manager
- Monitor implementation of project activities and realisation of project milestones
- Ensure that the synergies between the current organisation’s activities and the project are realised
- Perform Site Coordinator performance evaluations and maintain accurate record keeping of all documentation
- Promote communication and interaction within the organisation and with outside schools (teachers and Headmasters)
- Perform any other relevant duties as may be assigned by the Program Manager.
- At least 3 years of proven project management experience advantage in a non-governmental organization working with young people
- Working experience in cross cultural settings
- Understanding of financial and operational management issues
- Direct experience of budgeting, fiscal control and financial planning
- Understanding and experience in research will be an added advantage
- Degree in Social Sciences (Public Health, Social Work, Development Studies or any other related field from a recognised institution)
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Fluency in spoken Nyanja will be an added advantage.
- Ideal candidate should demonstrate the following traits:
- Successful leaders at Grassroot Soccer are bold, yet humble. They are passionate about the mission of Grassroot Soccer and understand their role on the Grassroot Soccer team to achieve its mission.
Day to day, they are….
Proactive: can anticipate both opportunities and obstacles and take action
Professional: level-headed; ability to de-escalate difficult situations, behave exceptionally, and manage/minimize distractions
Problem Solvers: comfortable with ambiguity, can creatively unlock bottlenecks and turn problems into opportunities
…they demonstrate lots of…
Common Sense: prioritizing the right things at the right time; making good, quick, informed decisions balancing multiple issues and points of view
Self-awareness: know where one’s blind spots are, recognize differences, and build a team to complement one’s skills and weaknesses
…and a strong bias for…
Follow-through and outcomes: deliver results, not just create lots of activity
Treating people well: empathetic, kind, great listener, yet can make tough decisions and hold oneself/others accountable
How to Apply
Interested applicants are advised to send their application letter, CV and copies of qualifications to the email below: