Our client, a leader with a huge investment in the Real Estate and Hospitality Sectors has given us (BEMCONSULT) the mandate to assist in the identification and recruitment of highly qualified and competent professionals to join their management team.
In the Hospitality Sector, our Client owns two (02) five-star hotels with a bed space of over 250 under renowned brands while they have invested over $70 Million (Approximately over K1Billion) in the Real Estate Sector.
Reporting to the CEO
The Finance Manager will manage and oversee the financial control and reporting of the group of hotels. Provide and interpret financial information and formulating strategic and long-term business plans. Develop financial management mechanisms that minimise financial risk. Coordinate the preparation of audit schedules and facilitate in the external audit process.
Summary of Key Responsibilities;
- Prepare the year-end Financial statements for audit purposes
- Conducting reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities
- Developing external relationships with appropriate contacts, e.g. auditors, solicitors, bankers and statutory organisations such as ZRA
- Keeping abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation
- Maintain and review the chart of accounts and postings to accounting systems to ensure accuracy of the trial balances as these feed into the monthly and quarterly reports
- Attend to all bank, internal and external client queries.
- Represents the finance department on the daily department heads meeting with the Chief Executive Officer.
- Manage all phases of Accounts Payable, Receivable and group Company budget.
- Prepare financial statements and debtors’ listings.
- Verify recorded transactions and report irregularities to management.
- Providing direction to the hotel operators so as to ensure proper revenue reporting
- Review the postings, payments, revenue and guest balance reports on a daily basis.
- Ensure correct taxation are applied on all billing softwares.
- Check customers credit ratings and Flag accounts as ‘Black listed’ for long outstanding or defaulter accounts
- Maintains files of all contracts, insurance policies, tax reports, expenses, payroll, etc.
- Preparing financial reports and submissions to relevant government authorities .
- Monitor and contain all property inventories to ensure proper levels without causing burdens on property cash flows.
- Preparing and presenting financial reports for meetings and shareholders.
- Working with the chief Executive Officer to prepare budgets and track profit / loss performance.
- Required Skills & Competences / Attributes:
- Excellent Communication (written & spoken)
- Attention to detaiL
- Problem Solving Skills
- Multi-tasking skill
- Service orientated
- Ability to handle pressure
- Deadline driven
Qualifications and Experience
- Full ACCA, CIMA, CA,ZICA
- A Bachelors Degree in Accountancy will be a plus
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in a general financial management environment, consolidation experience an added advantage.
- Highly proficient in most Accounting Packages
- Financial management experience at a senior level
- Must be conversant with Forex transactions
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standard.
- Experience in a hospitality sector (Five Star Hotel) in the same capacity or much senior will be an added advantage.
- Must be a member of ZICA
How to Apply
If you fully meet the hiring requirements for the above position, please email your CV and Cover letter clearly stating your salary expectations to the email below:
Note that, all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence. If you do not receive communication within 21 days of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Do not send certificates at this stage