Our client, a leader with a huge investment in the Real Estate and Hospitality Sectors has given us (BEMCONSULT) the mandate to assist in the identification and recruitment of highly qualified and competent professionals to join their management team.
In the Hospitality Sector, our Client owns two (02) five-star hotels with a bed space of over 250 under renowned brands while they have invested over $70 Million (Approximately over K1Billion) in the Real Estate Sector.
Reporting to the Board
The CEO will be fully responsible for the smooth and efficient running of the hotels, the provision of outstanding guest services, guest satisfaction and efficiency while maintaining standards set by the hotel assuring 100% guest satisfaction. Coordinates, directs and manages the General Managers to achieve profitability and also to implement sales and marketing strategies to drive the business forward.
The Chief Executive Officer will also Serve as liaison between the Company, franchiser and the Board and CEO shall provide support to the Board and make recommendations and proposals for board approval as required.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for consistently delivering results that contribute to the mission and overall success of the group of Hotels by focusing on five key result areas (guest service, employees, sales/marketing, property appearance, and profit/financial control).
- Manage the timely preparation of well-planned annual budgets that accurately reflect the hotel’s potential business plan.
- Stays abreast of current trends related to hotel industry in Zambia and anticipates future trends likely to have an impact on the business
- Develops and implements marketing and action plans based on demand segments to maximize revenue per available room.
- Ensures that marketing and sales plans are appropriate for each sales period, including special plans to maximize room revenue during forecasted low occupancy.
- Coordinates advertising, public relations, and promotional programs.
- Maintains relationships with local companies and key people to increase property’s visibility within the local market.
- Ensures that all guest related issues are resolved in a manner consistent with the company’s goals and objectives.
- Ensures hotel staff, including all new-hires, know all components of the 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, and are trained to meet service standards
- Empowers group hotel staff to deliver guest service by encouraging and rewarding responsive guest assistance.
- Direct, motivate and maintain a competent, well-trained, flexible and responsive staff capable of meeting current and future needs.
- Conducts regular meetings to provide various information including company communications, policy reviews, local property activities, goals, etc.
- Conducts coaching/counselling sessions; performance evaluations; prepares performance improvement plans, disciplinary documentation; conducts terminations.
- Required Skills & Competences / Attributes:
- Ability to organize multiple projects; manage and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent Communications Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Integrity & trustworthiness
- Positive Demeanour
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Business Administration or Equivalent
- A Degree in Hotel Management will be an added advantage
- An MBA in any of the above fields will be a plus
- Must have at least a minimum of 8 - 10 years’ progressive work experience of which 5 years must have been at CEO/GM or Senior Management Level in the hospitality Sector or with a well-established multinational company
- Exposure to a Five-Star Hotel operations will be an added advantage
- Basic knowledge of computers and software including ability to use e-mail, word processing, and spreadsheet software.
- Must have an understating of general Financial Management
- Must have proven experience of be been Customer Centric
- Must be a member of a relevant professional body
How to Apply
If you fully meet the hiring requirements for the above position, please email your CV and Cover letter clearly stating your salary expectations to the email below:
Note that, all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence. If you do not receive communication within 21 days of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Do not send certificates at this stage