BEMCONSULT has been engaged by one of its client with a huge investment in the Real Estate and Hospitality Sector to assist in the identification and recruitment of highly qualified professionals to join their management team.
In the hospitality sector, they run two five star hotels under renowned brands in Lusaka and on the Copperbelt with a bed space of over 250. While in the Real Estate sector, they have made an investment of over USD 10,000,000 (Approx. over K1Billion).
Reporting to the board
The CEO will be responsible for the overall management of the Company and will routinely report to, and work closely with, the Board of Directors in creating and maximising value for the Company's stakeholders.Lead in setting the company’s overall strategic direction and priorities, and monitor the performance of the company as well as the performance of each project.Conduct a strategic review of performance on a regular basis to determine whether the business is meeting its short-and long-term objectives (increase in profits, increase in market share, return on investment, etc).
- Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Be responsible for strategic corporate planning, financial planning, and shareholder/public relations, in order to maximise stakeholder value.
- Oversee the management and operations of the Company’s assets.
- Manage both internal company management and a diverse team of external service providers to ensure that the proper identification, management and utilisation of Company resources is accomplished.
- Identification of viable real estate projects and preparation of business cases to support the Board of Directors in making decisions
- Ensure that an excellent level of service is provided to customers and stakeholders.
- Provide the required linkage between the Board of Directors and the Executive Management Team, and provide them with adequate information to carry out their responsibilities.
- Set departments' high-level goals, objectives and plans and work with them on attaining such goals by closely monitoring their operations.
- Review the operating results of the company & compare them to established objectives and goals, and follow-up to ensure appropriate measures are taken to correct unsatisfactory results
- Establish and maintain an effective system of communications throughout the company to ensure that the responsibilities, authorities, and accountabilities of all executives are clearly defined and understood.
- Periodically review and check the performance of the Executive Management Team and recommend remedial action and improvements.
- Be the principal public relations officer of the company and represent them with major customers, government entities, the financial community, and the public
- Ensure development of an effective organizational structure and the promotion of a positive internal climate in which management development for succession is nurtured.
- Monitor the adherence of employees to guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Recruit, develop, manage and motivate executives and employees
Required Skills & Competences / Attributes
- Result orientated and performance driven leadership style
- Good Time Management Skills
- Good networker
- Excellent Communications Skills
- Strategic thinker
- Team Player
- Mentoring Skills
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Business Administration, Civil Engineering or Equivalent
- An MBA in any of the above fields will be a plus
- With demonstrable experience in the real estate investment, development and construction fields.
- At least a minimum of 8+ years at CEO/Extensive Executive-Level Management with a well-established multinational company
- Working experience in Real Estate in the same capacity or Senior Management will be a plus
- An understanding of the Zambian and/or international markets, and their operations and regulations, will be a distinct added advantage.
- Knowledge of the social/affordable housing sector
- Must be a member of a relevant professional body
How to Apply
If you fully meet the hiring requirements for the above position, please email your CV and Cover letter clearly stating your salary expectations to the email below:
Note that, all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence. If you do not receive communication within 21 days of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Do not send certificates at this stage