BEMCONSULT has been engaged by one of its client with a huge investment in the Real Estate and Hospitality Sector to assist in the identification and recruitment of highly qualified professionals to join their management team.
In the hospitality sector, they run two five star hotels under renowned brands in Lusaka and on the Copperbelt with a bed space of over 250. While in the Real Estate sector, they have made an investment of over USD 10,000,000 (Approx. over K1Billion).
Reporting to the Board
The COO position is driven by company objectives in providing leadership, management and vision to ensure that the company has the proper operational and administrative controls and procedures in place to effectively grow the Company and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. The COO is a key member of the executive management team and works closely with, and reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Design and implementation of business strategies, plans and procedures.
- Operational planning and daily oversight of operations of the company.
- Formulate Investment appraisals covering disposals, corporate alliances, etc.
- Conduct property performance evaluation
- Managing relationships with tenants and other stakeholders
- Provide timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the company.
- Take the Lead in Real Estate expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.)
- Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of the Real Estate business
- Motivate and lead a high performance management team; attract, recruit and retain required members of the executive team not currently in place; provide mentoring as a cornerstone to the management career development program.
- Act as lead “client-care officer” through direct contact with every client and partner.
- Assist, as required, in raising additional capital at appropriate valuations to enable the Company to meet sales, growth, and market share objectives.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company.
- Represent the firm with clients, investors, and business partners.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree any any business field from a recognised University
- A MSc/MBA in Real Estate is an added advantage
- minimum of 7+ years demonstrable work experience in Commercial Real Estate as Chief Operating Officer, CEO or General Manager
- Proven experience in Leasing, Financing, Project Appraisal and Construction is key to the position.
- Broad based Real Estate exposure
- Working experience in a commercial bank heading or managing a Home Loans unit will be a plus
- Knowledge of local policies, guidelines and statutory requirements relevant to Real Estate Development
- Knowledge of best practice in real estate development
- Must be a member of a relevant professional body
How to apply
If you fully meet the hiring requirements for the above position, please email your CV and Cover letter clearly stating your salary expectations to the email below:
Note that, all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence. If you do not receive communication within 21 days of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.