Location: Project Management Unit – Kasama
Reporting to: Project Team Leader
Purpose of the Position:
The Design, Monitoring & Evaluation (DM&E) Manager is responsible for development of the overall M&E strategy and implementation of related activities within the project and via partners, plus providing timely and relevant information to project stakeholders. This entails close communication with all involved core project and partner Design, Monitoring & Evaluation staff; representatives from primary stakeholder groups; and the Team Leader, external consultants and field staff when appropriate. The Design, Monitoring & Evaluation Manager will lead the design, implementation and management of the project’s monitoring & evaluation strategy, including instrument design, data collection, and analysis and reporting.
Programme Design and Development:
- Lead the process of project database development for prevention services in partnership with all relevant government line ministries and its roll out, including staff training and implementation monitoring.
- Design, research and evaluate efforts to assess the impact of Sexual Gender Based Violence (SGBV) programs.
- Collaborate with management team to set program milestones and Key Performance Indicators.
- Lead the design and implementation of project’s monitoring & evaluation strategy
- Lead the design of conceptual frameworks, research methodology and data collection tools for WVZ, Co-Applicants and Financial Support to Third Parties (FSTP) partners.
- Support, train data collection teams and manage data collection processes.
- Conduct data analysis
- Develop and manage reporting systems and processes for WV, Co-Applicants and FSTP partners.
- Develop and implement an effective reporting system for OSCs for survivors of gender-based violence.
- Conduct Data Quality Assurance (DQA) visits to ensure that WVZ’s and partners project sites produce high quality data.
- Build the capacity in One Stop Centers (OSC) staff on data management and link all OSCs to the National GBVIMS
- Maintain the Prevent SGBV Project Monitoring Folder
- Work and liaise with the WVZ Associate Director- Programme Effectiveness and quality Assurance to ensure programme effectiveness to record impact
Monitoring & Evaluation Implementation and Capacity Building:
- Develop and implement an M&E capacity building plan for WV, Co-Applicants and Prevention, Survivor Support and Financial Support to Third Parties (FSTP) Partners.
- Manage the design and implementation of research studies, including baselines, evaluations, etc.
- Support M&E related learning events for Co-Applicants, FSTP partners and government stakeholders.
- Provide ongoing M&E technical assistance to WV Prevent! SGBV staff, WV Co-Applicants and the FSTP Partners.
- Identify, analyze, documents and disseminate lessons learned.
- In liaison with the Senior Program Manager, lead the development of Technical Briefing Papers.
- Ensure the project setup of the GBVIMS that will be used to plan and monitor the progress on all programme activities.
- Support ongoing learning on monitoring and evaluation for WV staff, and stakeholders.
- Consolidate reports for WVZ and donors, including reports from partners.
- Support management and accountability through routine, accurate collection and reporting of information that confirms status of program activities based on log frames.
Networking, Collaboration and Liaison:
- Build relationships with community stakeholders, Donors, Government Line Ministries, and other stakeholders in M&E issues related to the technical programme.
- Ensure proper documentation of programme interventions including the use of a localized database for communicating, connecting and collaborating.
- Establish networks (within World Vision) and alliances with external partners (research institutions, Universities, other NGOs,) for the purpose of enhancing program quality.
Research, Learning and Innovation:
- Support the project team and stakeholders to conduct monthly review meetings to discuss performance.
- Facilitate M&E related learning
- Ensure identification, analysis, documentation of evaluation, survey and assessment report.
- Present evaluation, survey, and assessment’s findings, and recommendations to implementing staff, partners and other stakeholders.
- Initiate and lead the development of terms of reference for case studies and surveys for the project.
- Use data to make programmatic recommendations to Prevent! SGBV’s senior leadership.
- Oversee impact narrative for external communications including donors, government, and partners.
- In liaison with the Senior Program Manager prepare high-quality reports
- Build an organizational knowledge base through research and partnerships.
- Explore and provide recommendations for innovative technologies to streamline monitoring, evaluation and other operational functions for better reporting and understanding by stakeholders and Prevention, Survivor Support and Financial Support to Third Parties (FSTP).
- Build staff capacity through training and technical assistance for accurate data collection and reporting
- Manage performance agreements and reviews
- Mentor, coach staff and Identify gaps for improved performance
- Uphold Christian Ethos and Christian identity by encouraging staff to participate in WV Christian activities
- Ensure orientation and induction of new staff in all systems, policies and procedures
Qualifications/education/knowledge/technical Skills, experience and competencies:
- Master’s degree in Project Management, statistics, public health, public administration, sociology, social work or a related field.
- 7-10 years of experience in developing monitoring and evaluation systems, program management, with experience working on programs that address gender-based violence
- Adequate experience in International NGO work and program implementation
- Understanding of EU monitoring & evaluation frameworks and processes
- Demonstrated expertise in successfully designing and carrying out complex quantitative and qualitative research and evaluation processes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skill (in English)
- Able to think broadly and analytical
- Must be a team player and ensure team cohesion
- Good conflict and problem solving skills
- Computer skills inclusive of statistical software, database development and management.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Perform other duties as required
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Office-based with frequent travel to the field
How to Apply
Submit your CV and application on company website: