Location: World Vision Zambia National Office
Position Reports to: WVZ National Director and functionally to the Southern Africa
Regional Finance Director
World Vision has been operating in Zambia since 1981. WV Zambia Limited is now registered both financially and legally as a local organization. World Vision Zambia Limited (WVZL) and has a local Board of Directors that includes standard Board Committees, includes both Finance and Audit & Risk Committees. WVZL’s major program priorities include: health and nutrition, education, improved livelihoods, WASH and protection. The organization’s strategy targets child well-being in nine of Zambia’s 10 Provinces.
The organization provides support to approximately 120,000 registered children through child sponsorship within over multi-sectoral 30 Area Programmes (AP). Currently, the programming portfolio consists of projects funded through child sponsorship, public and private financed grants and Gifts-in-Kind (GIK). The overall financial budget varies year-to-year, however it varies between $35-$40 million annual cash budget.
Purpose of Position:
- The position provides overall leadership, oversight and management support for all aspects of financial management, supply chain (procurement), ICT (Information Technology) and Administration in the National Office.
- The Finance and Support Services Director is a strategic partner and is a member of the National Office’s Senior Management/Leadership Team of the National Office.
- The overarching focus of this position is to ensure the office’s financial and support functions provide transparency, accountability, world class stewardship, coordinated planning and budgeting to the rest of the organization.
- This includes providing accurate financial data, strong and strategic analysis and advice, as well as developing and implementing a financial strategy that best serves the Office’s strategic and program objectives.
- The position must lead his/her staff in providing world class internal controls, risk management, and asset safeguarding according to World Vision approved policies and procedures as well as globally accepted standards.
- In addition to leading the Finance functions of the National Office, this position shall also provide leadership to the Supply Chain team ensuring that the procurement of organizational resources is executed effectively, efficiently and economically which results in significant cost savings and meets the organizational needs related to timeliness and product/service quality and compliance.
- This position also provide overall leadership to the ICT team and to ensure that the office has reliable, sufficient connectivity and the organization’s information systems and resources are adequately protected.
- This person will ensure the team is facilitating the smooth operation of technical solutions that meet the needs of the organization.
- The incumbent will also provide overall leadership to the Administration function ensuring that the National Office is effectively supported and staff have a clean, secure and hospitable place to work as well as the fleet is operating to the highest safety and efficiency standards.
- Leadership, Capacity Development and Strategic Partnering:
- Provide strong and positive leadership to the Finance and Support Services Department; ensuring competent and motivated staff are hired, developed and retained and that the Department is providing efficient delivery of services.
- Coordinate professional and personal development of Finance and Support Service staff through adequate orientation, on-the-job coaching, identification of learning, training needs and opportunities (e.g. in accounting, SunSystems, grant management, risk management, leadership, etc.); and succession planning.
- Model Christ-centered servant leadership and support spiritual development of his/her team.
- Actively participate in the National Office’s Senior Leadership Team meetings.
- Attend and actively participate in strategic regional and global meetings.
- Facilitate National Director, Operations, Board and other non-finance staff in understanding and interpretation of financial statements.
- Ensure partnership finance policies and procedures are understood by Senior Management, Operations/Technical staff, Communities, Local Partners and Board, as appropriate.
- Develop strong networks internally (other NOs, SOs and partnership entities) and externally (other NGOs, banking entities, communities, etc.) through effective communication, relationships and twin citizenship.
- Promote shared resource networks within the region, and the partnership.
- Adhere to WVI key policy documents – mission, core values, and Covenant of Partnership.
- Ensure adequate cost efficiency and effectiveness measures are in place and are being followed:
- Providing cost analysis, promoting benchmarks and making recommendations for determining effective resource utilization at all levels.
- Contributing to the development of appropriate policies and procedures for procurement of goods and services, in collaboration with the Supply Chain team. This should result in significant cost and time savings for the entire office.
Financial Planning and Budgeting:
- In collaboration with other National Office Directors, advise the National Director on strategic resource acquisition and allocation in line with Partnership recommendations and.
- Coordinate the planning and budgeting process and provide technical support, to ensure global and regional guidelines are met.
- Review alignment of budgets between the National Office, projects, grants and Support Offices.
- Control the National Office budget, cash flow and project funding in collaboration with the Integrated Programs Director.
- Contribute to the development, disseminate and implementation of the National Office’s strategic direction and priorities.
Fiscal accounting, compliance, monitoring and reporting:
- Design and manage systems, policies and procedures that provide appropriate levels of security and control of WV assets, resources and operations.
- Coordinate the submission of timely, accurate and complete relevant reporting to the Partnership and to internal users.
- Define and implement efficient and effective internal control systems.
- Adhere to Partnership policies, procedures and guidelines as stipulated in the WVI Financial Manual and other documents, including, but not limited to: grant compliance, planning & budgeting, year-end closing, carry-forward, accounting and reporting.
- Coordinate the timely and accurate submission of all financial reports to the highest standard(s).
- Review the reconciliation of MyPBAS to FFR monthly and action all outstanding items.
- Provide regular analysis of AP/Grant financial reports and timely feedback to AP/Grant Managers for decision-making.
- Ensure National Office Finance and Support Service staff visit projects to monitor accountability issues, follow up on implementation of audit findings, and provide support as needed.
Financial Risk Management and Controls:
- Manage appropriate financial systems and controls; ensuring they are in place and operational to avoid significant finance audit findings, both at the NO and project levels.
- Coordinate management responses to Finance an Support Service related audits; ensuring response are sent on time to the Audit Department; and that Finance and Support Service related audit recommendations, at all levels, are implemented on time.
- Coordinate adequate preparation for GC and external audits.
- Manage financial risk.
- Implement anti-corruption and fraud strategies.
Supply Chain Management:
- Coordinate and ensure an optimal interface between Supply Chain and business units for efficient customer service delivery.
- Strategic sourcing is rolled out to save the organization money and time.
- Ensure all Supply Chain systems are operating and are up-to-date and are adding the value to the organization.
Information Communication Technology (ICT):
- Give support to ensure ICT services are optimized and are meeting consumer (employee) needs
- Develop, strengthen and deploy information privacy policies and aligning to partnership standards
- Monitor information privacy and security issues that affect the organization.
- Ensure office preparation of and adherence to computer usage procedures and policies.
- Lead and support office disaster preparedness and policies through the update of new technologies, trends and threats.
Administration and Security:
- Develop, review or improve administrative processes and policies
- Lead and provide support in WVZ strategies, plans, coordination and implementation of administrative and security systems and procedures
- Provide support to ensure WV staff and assets are safe, well maintained and secured
- Recommend and communicate security processes to mitigate threats and vulnerabilities
- Develop and support security awareness programs for all staff, Board, partners and international visitors
- Provide support in fleet is management in a safe way with adequate lead times for procurement, maintenance and disposal.
- Provide support for maintenance of vehicles and motorbikes in accordance with international standards.
Educational, Professional Qualification, Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration, or a related field
- MBA in Finance, MSC in Finance/Accounting preferred
- ACCA, CIMA, CPA, ZICA or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 7-10 years in Senior Finance leadership experience is required, including experience in the management of a wide number of grants from different donors.
- International NGO experience critical
- Must be a member of a professional body (Local/International)
Competencies, attributes and abilities:
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles, financial systems, budget/cash flow monitoring and internal accounting controls.
- Ability to solve complex problems and to exercise independent judgment.
- Must be able to lead and manage a team.
- Good working knowledge of computerized accounting systems, preferable Sun Systems & ProVision
- Must be computer literate in Microsoft Office programs
- Knowledge of government grant regulations and financial reporting requirements.
- Knowledge of local accounting system preferred.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Good oral/written and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work on a cross-cultural environment with a multi-national staff
- Ability to travel within country, regional and internationally (up to 25%)
How to Apply
Submit your CV and application on company website: