Zambia Postal Services Corporation (ZamPost) is the national postal provider. The Corporation exists under the revised Postal Services Act of 2009. The Corporation is inviting suitably qualified candidates to fill the following positions in the Finance Department:-
- The purpose of the job is to provide accounting services to a
- Postal Area by ensuring timely and accurately recording of
- financial transactions, enhanced internal controls and carrying
- out inspections at Post Offices to safeguard the Corporation's
- funds and assets.
Grade and Station
The positions are at Grade P7. The work station are in Ndola,
Kitwe, Nakonde and Solwezi.
Locals meeting the qualifications below are encouraged to
- The Area Accountant administratively reports to the Area
- Manager and functionally to the Finance Manager
Statement of Key Responsibilities
The main duties of the Accountant Payroll include the following:-
- Ensuring that all the revenue generated by the Area is
- accounted for and deposited promptly through confrming
- the daily cash transactions using online systems and
- verification of balance books (C6 and C8), remittances and
- deposit slips.
- Preparing monthly returns for all the Corporation's business
- lines transacted by the Area.
- Authorizing payment vouchers and cheques.
- Preparing and submitting requests for funding for the Area to
- Head Office.
- Preparing annual and quarterly Area operating Budgets.
- Inputting daily credit billings and all financial transactions in
- the Accounting systems in a timely and accurate manner.
- Conducting regular financial inspections at Branches to
- ensure full compliance to laid down financial procedures and
- internal controls.
- Conducting snap verification of physical and cash held by
- Cashiers and reporting any malpractice revealed during the
- Performing any other duties assigned by Supervisor.
Personal Attributes and Skills
- The ideal candidate must possess the following attributes:-
- Paying high attention to detail and possessing strong
- analytical skills.
- Sound independent judgment.
- Ability to process large amounts of data and compile
- detailed reports.
- Ability to recognize and respond to diverse thinking and
- learning styles.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literate.
- Knowledge of Accounting software such as ACCPAC and
- Bachelor's Degree from a reputable University in Accounting/
- Finance or full ZICA with stage 2 qualification in CIMA or
- Computer literate with proficiency in accounting packages,
- MS Word and Excel.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to send hard copies of the application letters with supporting documents (certificates) using EMS to the undersigned:
The Senior Manager Human Resources,
Zambia Postal Services Corporation,
5050-5051, Zambia Road,
Zambpost is an equal employer, women are encouraged to apply.