Caritas Czech Republic An international NGO active in humanitarian aid and development cooperation is implementing a project with the title ‘Promoting the Production and Consumption of Nutritious Foods through an Integrated Multi-Sectoral Approach in Mongu, Kaoma and Mumbwa
The Project Coordinator is responsible for securing implementation of project with focus on nutrition and smallholder farmer support under the CCR Mongu Field Office implemented in Kaoma, Mongu and Mumbwa Districts and overall management of the office and its employees.
- Responsible for overall management and coordination of the Project activities and quality of implementation
- Works closely with Project Team in all districts on annual planning and reporting and overall management and coordination of the program
- Prepares monthly expenditure and work plans, monthly reports and other relevant documents to the CCR mission & donors (including the needs for subordinates, logistics are met in advance)
- Implementing project activities according to the project document focusing on quality delivery and project impacts and results (in line with organizational and donor guidelines, manuals and official legal procedures of partners).
- Ensure linkages and coordination with key stakeholders throughout project on provincial and district level including Ministry of Health, Ministry of Education, Ministry of Agriculture and other relevant ministries and institutions
- Works closely with M&E Officer to ensure quality of implementation and that all impact and performance indicators are being fulfilled
- Keeping field office staff personal documentation
- Maintaining good order in records and official documentation
- Representation of CCR on various occasion (together with the mission management)
- Promoting CCR, ensuring the CCR visibility
- Communication with respective organizations, institutions and donors
- Contributing to the mission strategic planning together with the mission management
- Contributing to the resource mobilization and supporting the new fund opportunities
- Compile lessons learned, identified best practices, participate on development and update of relevant tools, guidelines and manuals, local expert pool and expert resources
- Regular financial management/reporting together with Head of Programmes
- Managing and applying CCR financial rules during the project implementation
- Ensuring CCR financial rules and procedures are in line with donor regulations
- Commitment to Caritas vision, mission and values is essential.
- Strong motivation and commitment to the work
- Minimum of Bachelor university degree in a social/development studies, Degree in Agriculture, Nutrition, or Agribusiness with experience in Agriculture and/ or Nutrition programming, or other relevant field; advanced degree is an asset
- Proven track of experience in project management and project leadership at least 5 years
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively with CSOs and community-level actors, stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- Excellent English language skills
- Working experience in the non-profit or in an international organization an asset
- Excellent communication skills, flexibility, time-management, ability to work under stress and in difficult conditions
- Basic knowledge of financial management
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Willingness to work in accordance with the Caritas Code of Ethics
Duty station: Mongu Field Office, Mongu District, Zambia
Working Time: 5 Days a week
Starting date: 2019 Position: national
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit your full application consisting of CV (max 3 pages) and motivation letter (1 page) to the email to the following email address: Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please use the following subject in your email/post: Agriculture Officer – Mongu.
For the title of cover letter and curriculum vitae, follow this wording:
Surname, Name, Agriculture Officer – Mongu– curriculum vitae
Surname, Name, Agriculture Officer – Mongu– cover letter