Caritas Czech Republic An international NGO active in humanitarian aid and development cooperation is implementing a project with the title ‘Promoting the Production and Consumption of Nutritious Foods through an Integrated Multi-Sectoral Approach in Mongu, Kaoma and Mumbwa
- Support and assist the Project Officer
- Provide technical support and capacity building to Field Officers especially in promotion of school program (nutrition, health, energy, WASH), healthy diet and ‘Good Food’ logo campaign, promotion of good household hygiene and handwashing practices and promotion and management of common diseases among pregnant and lactating women
- Cooperate closely with Agriculture Officer on incorporation of nutrition in agriculture-related activities
- Work closely with multi-sectoral teams which will support households on issues on nutrition and health and agriculture production and productivity including working with and strengthening District Nutrition Coordination Committee and School Health and Nutrition Technical Working Groups
- Develop tools and methodology for selection, training, mentoring and follow-up of community champions who will be promoting consumption of healthier diet and ‘Good Food’ Logo
- Maintain necessary project administration
- Report regularly; draw up action plans, assessment of progress, formulation of new project opportunities, proactive approach to secure new funds, etc.
- Tertiary education (university/college degree in Public Health/Clinical medicine / Nursing / Nutrition/ food and nutrition from a recognized university or institution with strong expertise in Nutrition or Public Health
- Min. 3 years of proven experience in Health and Nutrition related projects
- Proven experience in project implementation, preferably development projects will be considered
- Experience working with international organizations or NGOs is an advantage
- Fluent in English
- Excellent computer skills – MS office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Internet
- Integrity and willingness to work and produce results in a dynamic environment
- Good time management, commitment, team worker, reliable and hardworking, able to work under pressure and in challenging environment
Starting date: June 2019
Duty station: Mumbwa District, Western Province, Zambia
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit your full application consisting of CV (max 3 pages) and motivation letter (1 page) to the email to the following email address: Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please use the following subject in your email/post: Agriculture Officer – Mongu.
For the title of cover letter and curriculum vitae, follow this wording:
Surname, Name, Agriculture Officer – Mongu– curriculum vitae
Surname, Name, Agriculture Officer – Mongu– cover letter