Caritas Czech Republic An international NGO active in humanitarian aid and development cooperation is implementing a project with the title ‘Promoting the Production and Consumption of Nutritious Foods through an Integrated Multi-Sectoral Approach in Mongu, Kaoma and Mumbwa
The Project Officer is responsible for securing implementation of project with focus on nutrition and smallholder farmer support under the CCR Mumbwa Field Office implemented in Kaoma, Mongu and Mumbwa Districts and overall management of the office and its employees.
- Responsible for overall management and coordination of the Project activities and quality of implementation in Mumbwa District
- Works closely with Project Coordinator and Project Team in Mumbwa districts on annual planning and reporting and overall management and coordination of the program
- Prepares inputs for monthly expenditure and work plans, monthly reports and other relevant documents to the CCR mission & donors (including the needs for subordinates, logistics are met in advance) and submits them to Project Coordinator
- Implementing project activities according to the project document focusing on quality delivery and project impacts and results (in line with organizational and donor guidelines, manuals and official legal procedures of partners).
- Ensure linkages and coordination with key stakeholders throughout project on district level including Ministry of Health, Ministry of Education, Ministry of Agriculture and other relevant ministries and institutions
- Provide guidance in decision making concerning daily planning and realisation of activities in accordance with approved project schedules and budgets
- Cooperate with field staff on activity planning and their implementation
- Maintain necessary project administration
- Contributing to the mission strategic planning together with the mission management
- Strong motivation and commitment to the work
- Minimum of Bachelor university degree in a social/development studies, Degree in Agriculture, Nutrition, or Agribusiness with experience in Agriculture and/ or Nutrition programming, or other relevant field; advanced degree is an asset
- Proven track of experience in project management and project leadership at least 3 years
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively with CSOs and community-level actors, stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- Excellent English language skills
- Working experience in the non-profit or in an international organization an asset
- Excellent communication skills, flexibility, time-management, ability to work under stress and in difficult conditions
- Basic knowledge of financial management
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Willingness to work in accordance with the Caritas Code of Ethics
Starting date: June 2019
Duty station: Mumbwa District, Western Province, Zambia
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit your full application consisting of CV (max 3 pages) and motivation letter (1 page) to the email to the following email address: Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please use the following subject in your email/post: Agriculture Officer – Mongu.
For the title of cover letter and curriculum vitae, follow this wording:
Surname, Name, Agriculture Officer – Mongu– curriculum vitae
Surname, Name, Agriculture Officer – Mongu– cover letter