Chemonics International Inc., Contractor for USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) ensures uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of USG funded public health initiatives around the world. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and Population and Reproductive Health. In supporting USG-funded global health activities, PSM develops and manages a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain. The project seeks to recruit for the following position:
Reporting to: Provincial Logistics Strengthening Specialist
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with a team of technical staff in the field office to meet project objective focused on improving logistics information systems to avail critical data for informed supply chain management
- Promote enhanced facility-level data quality by providing remote project support to health facilities and targeted Technical Supportive Supervision (TSS) visits.
- Document and file innovations to increase reporting rates, improve data quality at all levels of supply chain activity in the field, and increase access to information on stock status
- Strengthen the utility and usability of eLMIS and provide ongoing technical assistance to MOH staff on the use of the system
- As a member of the field office team, develop materials in support of identifying opportunities for streamlining data management and reporting to increase data availability for supply chain decision making
- Ensure all contract deliverables are met within areas of logistics strengthening by compiling and providing accurate data and reporting as requested
- Execute team annual work plans and budgets based on project resources available and intended annual and life of project targets set according to GRZ and USG priorities
- Exhibit Chemonics values and build culture of “Living our Values” within the team
- Verify that USAID regulations, Chemonics policies, and quality management best practices are enforced consistently
- Carry out additional responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time in consultation with supervisor of record.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
- Bachelor Science in Pharmacy Degree, Diploma in Pharmacy Technology or Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or a related field required; or other advanced degree a plus;
- Minimum two (2) years of experience working in supply chain management, international project management;
- Knowledge of USAID funding and its contractual and reporting requirements preferred; experience working on USAID-funded health programs strongly preferred;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills;
- Written and spoken English proficiency;
- Strong computer skills.
Location of Assignment
The location of assignment is Lusaka at the Provincial Health Office, Zambia with intermittent travel throughout the country.
How to Apply
Send electronic submissions of your CV, cover letter and the highest necessary qualifications to this email below:
Please include clearly the position in the subject line of the email. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.