Kafubu Water and Sewerage Company seek to recruit dynamic and self driven high caliber individuals to fill the following vacancy:
Reports to: Director Planning & Development
Location: Head Office – Ndola
Overall purpose of the job
To establish and execute quality monitoring systems to ensure compliance with set quality standards for treated water and sewage effluent, and to facilitate operational control in line with SHEQ — legislation as provided in the Occupation Health and Safety Act.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and execute a quality monitoring plan which ensures that 100% of water produced at plants, and 100% of water at consumer connections meet Zambia Bureau of Standards or WHO standards for drinking water.
- Development oftreatment processes which ensures that 100% of sewage effluent meets Zambia Environmental Management Agency (ZEMA) effluent limits.
- Ensures that occupational health and safety related surveys e.g. noise, lighting and exposure to chemical substances are conducted and associated recommendations are made to management.
- Implements SHEQ awareness training and create internal safety, health and environmental communication systems that should include Safety Committees and SHEQ discussion groups.
- Ensures minimum stock cover of water treatment plants.
- Ensures that the Company’s SHEQ objectives are achieved.
- Ensures that the quality monitoring plan is executed as per NWASCO guideline.
- Ensures that 100% of bacteriological tests pass WHO standards for drinking water at the water works/consumer connections.
- Ensure 95% of physical/chemical tests pass WHO standards for drinking water at water works/consumer points.
Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 School Certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or equivalent.
- Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Environment or its equivalent.
- 3 years in Senior Position
- Valid and clean Driving License.
How to Apply
Suitably qualified and experienced employees are encouraged to send their applications together with up-dated curriculum vitae, copies of educational and professional certificates to the undersigned:
Females are encouraged to apply.
Manager Human Resources & Administration,
Kafubu Water and Sewerage Company,
B12 – Vitanda Street,
PO Box 71278,
NB: Only shortlisted candidates shall be acknowledged.