First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Working on a variety of international compliance, research, consulting and planning issues
- Advising on the transfer pricing implications on FQM group
- Developing and pursuing creative strategies while using the latest technologies
- Preparing relevant transfer pricing reports and benchmarking analysis;
- Analyzing business value chains to establish the most appropriate transfer pricing policy;
- Conducting regular economic analysis pursuant to the preparation of transfer pricing reports, including responsibility for data-gathering
- Preparing intercompany price lists for FQM Zambia subsidiaries on an annual basis.
- Responding to requests for maintenance of intercompany records
- Researching transfer pricing and cross-functional tax issues
- Assisting in Drafting intercompany agreements
- Two or more years of general tax experience, preferably with at least a year focused on TP or International Tax.
- Experience with, law firm, or large corporate tax department of a multinational company
- Consulting and compliance experience is needed
- Good Knowledge of tax and business laws and regulations
- Experience with inbound and outbound international tax is preferred
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: transfer pricing studies, financial statement analysis, quantitative and competitive analysis, statistical sampling and econometrics, plan evaluation and/or operational performance analysis
- Must have exposure to accounting (ERP) systems.
- Exposure to Pronto, Great Plains, Hyperion Financial Management Systems would be an asset.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize work, and be able to meet tight deadlines, without compromising on attention to detail.
- Must be able to apply critical thinking and analysis to work.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills.
- Accounting diploma/degree, and is working towards an accounting designation.
- Good understanding of accounting principles and controls.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, including being able to manipulate and present data.
- Must have at least 3+ years of experience working in a similar role.
- Excellent research skills required
- Having a deep understanding and experience in a wide range of industries
- Understanding the Transfer Pricing process and the professionalism necessary for the effective diagnosis, solution, development and implementation of tax needs
- Demonstrated leadership, problem solving, and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple assignments
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels
- Behavioural Traits:
- Strong work ethic and excellent communication skills are a must
- Must be detail-oriented
- Ability to adapt to changing work environment
- Good interpersonal skills and be professional and courteous.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and application on company website: