AmatheonAgri Zambia Ltd is part of AmatheonAgri Holding N.A., a German agribusiness and farming company, developing and operating sustainable projects in sub-Saharan Africa. The Group’s headquarter is in Berlin with management structures throughout Europe and business operations in sub-Saharan Africa. Amatheon is committed to act in a manner that is socially responsible and reflect sound environmental management practices.
AmatheonAgri Zambia is inviting suitable applicants to fill the following vacancies:
Reporting to the Building Supervisor, the position will be responsible to support and manage laying bricks, concrete blocks, stone and other similar materials to construct or repair walls, arches, chimneys, fireplaces and other structures in accordance with blueprints and specifications
- Clean the work area and ensure that any debris or hazardous material is cleared away.
- Ensure that there is enough building material available
- Maintain accurate Re- order levels
- Mix cement using hands or mixing tools depending on the amount of cement.
- Ensure that bricks are laid symmetrically and that cement is appropriately applied to hold them together.
- Manage excess cement to lessen wastage.
- Shape and trim bricks to make sure that they fit in properly in places such as corners.
- Use a variety of power and hand tools such as hammers and trowels.
- Use pointing tools to apply finishing touches.
- Determine if bricks need to be laid vertically or horizontally.
- Weld metal parts and apply plaster on walls as instructed in the work order.
- Study plans for the building before starting on a bricklaying project.
- Layout patterns and foundations according to the instructions on work orders.
- Polish new surfaces using a variety of materials and tools.
- Make a list of needed materials and tools for the next work day and ensure that stock inventory is sufficient.
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- Certificate in Computers or equivalent
- Certificate in Building or equivalent
- Detail oriented and ability to work independently under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- Team mentality and a positive attitude
How to Apply
If you feel that you qualify for the above positions, please send your application letter and CV/Resume only by e-mail to the email below: Please include your salary history and expectations.
We appreciate all your interest, but will only be able to response to shortlisted applicants with further instructions. Closing date for receiving CVs is but early applications will take priority.