Zambia National Commercial Bank Plc (Zanaco) is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the following job aimed at contributing to the Bank’s strategic vision, in the Operations Division under the IT Operations Department to be based at Head Office:-
To be responsible for ensuring efficient support and applications availability is upheld for the applications in the Production Environment under the IT operations Section.
Under the supervision of the Core Banking Application Senior Specialist, the following are among the Job Key Responsibilities:-
- Ensure agreed SLA availability for systems is met and prepare reports
- Investigate and resolve incidents and problems logged through 1st line support.
- Provide technical support and ensure customer satisfaction for all stakeholders
- Installation, Design, Configuration, Operation, and Monitoring of Software products
- Work directly with end users at all levels on escalated issues, to manage the customer expectations and drive issues to resolution.
- Ensure that application functionality problems are escalated to vendors and relevant IT units and are resolved within the agreed time frame
- Assist with configuration and administration of applications to ensure changes are well planned, executed and verified.
- Monitoring of system availability and compiling availability statistics
- Managing audits (internal and external) relating to systems
- Conduct scheduled applications end user training
- Ensuring that the required documentation for systems are in place
- Develop Backup procedures and checklists and ensure the backups are in place at all times
- Ensure that the Disaster Recovery servers are in synch with production servers at all times
- Any other duties as assigned by management
- External: Customers e.g. GRZ, NAPSA, ZRA, Zambia Electronic, BOZ, Swift
- Internal: All Divisions.
Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 Credit or above mandatory in Mathematics and English and any other three subjects.
- Degree in Computer Science
- Minimum Experience: At least Three (3) years working experience in respective function
- Ability to understand complex database systems.
- Database Management skills especially in MS SQL, MySQL and PL/SQL.
- Operating System management; Windows Operating system, Linux operating Systems
- Knowledge of programming language is a must
- Deep understanding of customer’s needs so that they can be transformed into application and operational requirements.
Job Core Competencies
- Verbal and written communication
- SQL Scripting
- Java programming added advantage
- Knowledge of Networking and DNS
- Knowledge of php and HTML added advantage
- Excellent understanding of payment systems
- Good interpersonal skills
- Drive for results
- Analytical thinking & Problem Solving
- Problem Solving skills
- Ability to multi-task effectively and efficiently
How to Apply
All applications must have an application/cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae indicating the position being applied for in the subject line and should be sent by email:
Kindly note that you MUST attach copies of Grade 12 and Tertiary qualifications along with the application cover letter and curriculum vitae. Applications sent without these attachments WILL NOT be considered.
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE COMMUNICATED TO.
Zanaco provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and prohibits discrimination in employment.