Reporting to: National Director
Duty Station: National Office-Lusaka
SOS Children’s Villages Zambia is a child focused organization and an affiliate of the SOS Children Villages International. It is non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational, and non-racial. Its overall mission is to build families for children in need, help them shape their own futures and share in the development of their communities.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the under above captioned position in the organization.
Mission of the position:
- The Assistant Internal Auditor will ensure the availability, compliance and continuous monitoring of SOS Children’s Villages Zambia’s policies, procedures and internal control systems.
- Formulate, design and implement internal audit policies and procedures.
- Prepare risk based annual internal work plans, programmes and budgets.
- Conduct association –wide risk assessments and internal control evaluations.
- Conduct financial, operational and compliance risk based audits.
- Communicate results of audit through written reports and oral presentations to Management.
- Ensure the preparation and submission of quarterly reports to the finance and audit committee.
- Monitor and report on the timely implementation of management actions recommended in all audit reports.
- Develop and maintain productive client and staff relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
- Liaise with external auditors.
- The job holder will functionally report to the finance and audit committee of the board of trustees and administratively to the National Director.
Qualifications & Experience
- Full Grade Twelve School Certificate.
- Full ACCA or CIMA.
- Membership of both the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA) and Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) is a must.
- Five (3) years of proven experience in Internal Audit
- Proven computer literacy
- Ability to effectively interact with both the Management and Board of Trustees.
- Ability to work within strict deadlines.
- Ability to multi task and able to travel out of station frequently.
- Be of high moral standing and personal integrity.
- Demonstrated team player with effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability in meeting deadlines while producing quality results.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English, including evidence of quality report writing and presentations.
- Experience working with a Board of directors and in formulating board papers for reporting purposes.
How to Apply
All applicants for the above position should be child friendly. To be considered for the above position, apply to: The Human Resource and Administration Manager,
SOS Children’s Villages Zambia,
23217 / 35, PHI, Off Police Post Road,
PO Box 37907,
You can also email your application letter, CV and Copies of academic and professional certificates to the email below: Ensure that you indicate in the subject line of your e-mail the job position applied for. SOS Children`s Villages Zambia is an equal opportunity employer.