NPCMU is a Cooperative Union at provincial level, representing the cooperative movement in Northern Province, Zambia. Its affiliates are 8 District Cooperative Unions (DCUs), which have 2,318 Primary Cooperatives (PCs) as their membership. The total individual membership of the PCs represented is around 70,000 individual members.
NPCMU is engaged in several businesses, the main ones being a poultry stock feed plant (started operations in 2018) and a guest house. NPCMU aims to become the main poultry stock feed producer in Northern Province, mainly for its members which will provide the raw materials for and are targeted as consumers of the end product (amongst others).
In addition, with the new Cooperative Act that is expected to enforce the provision of annual audits, NPCMU is exploring the possibility to scale up its audit services to District Cooperative Unions and Primary Cooperatives.
NPCMU is recruiting a:
Finance and Administration Officer
Part-time (3 days/week)
- As a finance and administration officer, you will be responsible for efficient and effective running of the financial and administrative operations of NPCMU.
- This includes the efficient handling of the financial and human resources administration in order to contribute to the organisation’s objectives.
- To achieve this, your attention to detail is excellent and supporting others is your second nature. You will be reporting to the Business Manager.
- Management of all the financial resources of the organisation
- Keep track of financial transactions of the organisation so as to ensure that money earned and spent is properly accounted for.
- Ensure that transactions are recorded in the correct General ledger books to ease reporting and monitoring and control.
- Keep full accurate accounts of all receipts and payment in the books of the organisation
- Make such payments from the funds of the organisation according to the budget as may be authorised by the coordinator
- Prepare timely and accurate quarterly financial reports
- Prepare financial statements for audit
- Knowledge of accounting packages such as pastel or quick books
- Ensure that all units have banked their daily sales
- Ensure that the organisations funds, documents and securities are kept under safe custody.
- Good negotiation skills
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Business Manager.
- Proficiency in Microsoft word and excel
- Undertake investment appraisal to ascertain viability of projects
- Undertake various strategies and rehearse with donor communities to acquire funds for the organisation.
- General business administration
- Minimum of grade twelve (12) certificate with five O levels including mathematics and English
- Possess a diploma in accounting/ZICA Licentiate/ACCA stage two or any other professional qualification
- Degree in accounting or business will be an added advantage
- Member of Zambia Institute of chartered accountants (ZICA).
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in MS Office tools, mainly Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, interpersonal skills, flexible, culturally sensitive.
- Willing to take up additional assignments if needed.
- Honest and dedicated to duty
- Excellent personal and interpersonal skills
- Open mind with a supportive/service-oriented attitude.
What we have to offer:
- A position that requires you to be highly self-reliant and use your pioneering skills in order to operate in dynamic international markets and in close cooperation with the agricultural business sector.
- At Northern Province Cooperative union, the work environment is collegial and ambitious, and the focus is on achieving impact and running a profitable enterprise.
- As the Finance and Admin Officer, you will be working under the direct supervision of the Business Manager.
How to Apply
Are you interested in this position and do you fit the profile? Apply by sending your cover letter and curriculum vitae to the email below.
The email should be addressed to The Vice Chairperson Northern Province Cooperative and marketing Union Ltd,
PO box 410047.
Kasama residents are encouraged to apply.
If you require further information, feel free to contact us by e-mail.