Lafarge Zambia Plc is the leading supplier of building materials and construction solutions in Zambia and the Democratic Republic of Congo(DRC). It is a member of the LafargeHolcim Group, the world leader in the building materials industry with a well-balanced presence in 80 countries and a focus on cement, aggregates and concrete. The Group has 80,000 employees around the world operating in more than 2,300 sites.
Lafarge Zambia has a total production capacity of 1,500,000 tonnes per annum in Chilanga and Ndola, and distributes by road and rail to all corners of the country and the region. Lafarge Zambia also owns and operates the Mapape Aggregates Plant which is able to supply 600,000 tonnes of high quality aggregates per annum. Joining Lafarge Zambia means being part of a successful international Group. For LafargeHolcim, People Development is an investment in the future. Lafarge Zambia is looking to recruit a dynamic, motivated, enthusiastic and qualified individual to take up the role of Tax Accountant to be based in Chilanga.
Overall Mission of the Role
To manage all the tax affairs of the Company ensuring compliance with Legislation and Regulations as well as accounting for fixed assets.
- Timely compilation and submission of all applicable tax returns.
- Ensure timely payment of any taxes due with the submissions.
- Review and approve computation of import taxes ensuring that declarations made by the Clearing Agents are accurate.
- Review various Company policies and ensuring tax compliance in all applicable areas.
- Ensuring that all employee pay and remuneration is correctly taxed and the returns correctly completed by the Payroll Accountant.
- Reconcile all tax general ledger accounts on a monthly basis ensuring alignment to the tax ledgers.
- Complete all Group tax submissions on a monthly basis.
- Manage relationships with the Zambia Revenue Authority and appointed Tax Consultants.
- Keep abreast with changes in Tax Regulations that affect the Company and ensure that changes are implemented within the Company to remain tax compliant.
2. Fixed Assets
- Accurately maintain the Fixed Assets register
- Ensure that the value of assets reported in the Financials reconciles to a verified asset register.
- Manage the Capex and asset acquisition process ensuring adherence to policy and delegated approval limits.
- Report on monthly Capex spend.
- Process monthly depreciation to ensure accuracy of the charge.
- Manage the disposal of all fixed assets ensuring all accounting entries are correctly recorded
- Ensure all ownership is evidenced by title document and such documents are stored securely.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience/Skills
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Accounting, CIMA or ACCA Level 2.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a tax role.
- Financial Accounting experience.
- Good knowledge of Tax Legislation as well as business systems and controls.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Computer literate.
- Must be a member of ZICA.
How to Apply
Applicants may send their application letters and curriculum vitae to the email below: Applicants do not need to send copies of their qualifications at this stage.
Please also note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.