Zambia National Building Society is the main provider of sustainable and affordable mortgage financing, propelty Management and banking services in Zambia. The Society seeks to recruit a skilled, experienced, self-motivated and energetic individual to be part of a dynamic team to fill the position of Network Support Specialist under our ICT Department to be Based at its Head Office in Lusaka.
Design, Install, Configure, Support and Maintain an organization’s Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN), Internet and Email system. Support and maintain network hardware and software. Monitor network traffic to ensure network availability to all system users and perform necessary maintenance works to keep the infrastructure in optimal condition. Ensure network support services are improved and to implement network security measures to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability data or information on Society Infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure effective analysis, design, installation and configuration of networks and subnets in order to facilitate connectivity to Z NBS branches and applications
- Installation and configuration of communication equipment i.e. Routers, Switches, Modems and PABX
- Installation and configuration of Firewalls and Network Monitoring Tools
- To ensure that the Local Area Network (LAN) and the WideArea Network (WAN) services are available at all times to provide users with the necessary communications.
- Plan and implement LAN, WAN, WLAN, MAN, SAN & VPN infrastructure to ensure reliable and quality network service delivery that meets international standards.
- Evaluate local area network (LAN) or wide area network (WAN) performance data to ensure sufficient availability or speed, to identify network problems, or for disaster recovery purposes.
- Ensure the effective development of network policies and standards for ICT infrastructure in order to facilitate inter-operability of the ICT systems and provide security awareness training, guidance and supportto users.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry
- To ensure continuous internet and email connectivity throughout the Society by resolving issues with the service providers in the shortest possible time
- To install, configures and maintains core network infrastructure in the Society
- To analyse performance information for audit and maintenance purposes so that network services and peripherals are efficiently and cost effectively provided
- To trouble shoots faults on the network and provides technical solutions to ensure high availability of network services
- To provide user support by giving the necessary assistance in all networks
- To train users on existing and new systems and software to ensure optimum utilization of installed software packages.
- To prepare and submit Adhoc, Monthly and Quarterly reports of the Section’s activities, performance and related issues and submits them to the supervisor for consolidation into the departmental budget.
- Documentation and Inventory of the network and Keeping an up to date backup of all device configuration files.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Full grade twelve certificate
- Minimum of degree in Information Technology or its equivalent
- CISCO Certified
- At least 5 years HANDS ON experience in Network Design, Installation and Management.
- Experience working for an ISP will be an added advantage.
Required Competencies and Personal Attributes:
- In-depth working knowledge of Windows & Linux LAN/WAN infrastructure.
- Technical skills and competence in networking, PABX and SIP trunk
- Thorough understanding of Client/Server operating systems and applications.
- Thorough understanding of computer hardware operations, maintenance and repair processes
- Experience in network administration, including setup, maintenance and trouble shooting
- Good communication skills (both written and oral)
- Ability to configure and setup Cisco Firewalls, VPN Connections and Security appliances for access to vital business applications and implement network security
- IT Security Management and Cybercrime skills
- IT Disaster Recovery Management skills
- Coaching and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good planning and personal organizational skills
- Interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Project Management skills
How to Apply
Appropriately qualified and interested candidates meeting the above credentials must submit application letters enclosing detailed curriculum vitae (CV), traceable referees and copies of academic/professional qualifications to the undersigned: with the position applied for clearly marked on the envelope or via email at .
Appropriately qualified and interested candidates meeting the above credentials must submit application letters enclosing detailed curriculum vitae (CV), traceable referees and copies of academic/professional qualifications to the undersigned: the position applied for clearly marked on the envelope or via email at .
The Director Human Resources,
Zambia National Building Society,
Society Business Park, 6th Floor,
PO Box 30420,
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.