The Southern Provincial Health Office under the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) Project through a Cooperative Agreement (CoAg) with the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), is seeking for eligible, self-motivated and qualified applicants for the positions listed below for the various levels (Provincial, District, Facility and Community)
(C) FACILITY LEVEL
Purpose: The incumbent is part of the health care support team involved in the provision of Laboratory services to support HIV diagnosis and disease monitoring.
- Provide expert scientific input to diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
- Maintain high quality standards of laboratory services
- Provides timely advice to clinicians on the appropriateness of diagnostic investigations and their interpretations.
- Reviews and improves the diagnostic procedures for quality control for lab services
- Ensures safety practices are adhered to and corrective actions taken according to SOPs
- Provides onsite mentorship and supervision to lower lever staff
- Participates in technical support to other labs in the province
- Performing analysis of all Laboratory samples
- Organizing own workload and within framework of the agreed algorithms, determining and performing the investigations required to determine the true status of the referral samples.
- Play an active role in any other areas of investigations or evaluations performed by the Laboratory.
- Conducting Laboratory checks and issuing of reports as may be required by the Head of the Department.
- Maintain and ensure calibration Laboratory equipment used in the Laboratory as per manufacturer requirements and national standards.
- Assist the district medical office in ensure smooth coordination of laboratory services for mobile and static ART and TB programs
- Develop, implement and document an effective district wide sample and results transportation system.
- Grade Twelve (12) Certificate with Five (5) O’ Levels
- Diploma in Biomedical Sciences
- At least five years working experience in a similar position.
- An innovator who can initiate new ideas and activities.
- Able to work minimum supervision.
- Good Communication, both oral and written English.
- Job knowledge/technical expertise.
- Good Analytical skills.
- Excellent strategic thinking.
- Above average ability to use computer programs (MS-Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Interested candidates meeting the above stated qualifications and attributes and willing to work in rural areas are required to submit their applications with the following documents; Curriculum Vitae with Three (3) traceable referees, academic and professional qualifications, Full Registration with relevant professional bodies and Latest Practicing Licenses where applicable to the address below:
An attractive package will be offered to successful applicants who will be appointed on contract terms for an initial period of One (1) year subject to renewal depending on satisfactory performance.
How to Apply
Applicants should provide valid phone numbers for easy communication and must clearly indicate the position applied for.
Due to the likely bulkiness of the applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Provincial Health Director,
Southern Provincial Health Office,
PO BOX 630026,