The Southern Provincial Health Office under the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) Project through a Cooperative Agreement (CoAg) with the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), is seeking for eligible, self-motivated and qualified applicants for the positions listed below for the various levels (Provincial, District, Facility and Community)
(B) DISTRICT LEVEL
Purpose: Responsible for Monitoring, planning, arranging and delegate duties and responsibilities to staff members in respective section.
- Monitor all collected specimen processing related to concerned shift.
- Conduct technical procedures associated with lab section.
- Perform all activities under direction and cooperation of Section Supervisor, Laboratory Medical Director, Pathologists and Laboratory Directors.
- Oversee bio-medical laboratory in hematopoietic malignancies and gene regulation field.
- Manage laboratory, monitor directly research technicians and train students, post-doctoral fellows and lab members.
- Supervise and manage lab expenses and budgets.
- Negotiate order’s prices for reagents and machinery.
- Coordinate orders of laboratory.
- Involve in negotiations with vendor.
- Establish protocols for usage of lab equipment’s.
- Conduct comparison and contrast methods along with troubleshoot experiments related to equipment.
- Manage and oversee database for plasmids, antibodies, oligonucleotides, mammalian cell lines and other biological reagents.
- Evaluate performance of personnel with respect to duties.
- Convey laboratory staff members about their observations and prepare laboratory animal protocols.
- Grade Twelve (12) Certificate with five ”O” levels
- Degree/Diploma in Biomedical Sciences
- Must be registered with the Health Practitioners Council of Zambia
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in clinic environment
- Good understanding of the HIV/AIDS technical areas
- Must be computer literate and have a valid practicing license.
- Must have strong understanding of the reporting hierarchy at district and facility levels;
- Good Communication and interpersonal skills;
- Must have high level of confidentiality and Integrity;
- Trustworthy and Honest with traceable references
Interested candidates meeting the above stated qualifications and attributes and willing to work in rural areas are required to submit their applications with the following documents; Curriculum Vitae with Three (3) traceable referees, academic and professional qualifications, Full Registration with relevant professional bodies and Latest Practicing Licenses where applicable to the address below:
An attractive package will be offered to successful applicants who will be appointed on contract terms for an initial period of One (1) year subject to renewal depending on satisfactory performance.
How to Apply
Applicants should provide valid phone numbers for easy communication and must clearly indicate the position applied for.
Due to the likely bulkiness of the applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Provincial Health Director,
Southern Provincial Health Office,
PO BOX 630026,