First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function. Specifically:
- Execute administrative functions in the Training Department.
- Provide administrative support to the Training Department & for all customer departments.
- Update InTuition and fulfil the function of Administrator.
- Type a variety of documents, reports, and records.
- Ensure all training / assessment data changes, additions, etc. are updated in correct files.
- Draw and provide requested files and information.
- Organise effective filing system and suggest and implement improvements.
- Check assessment documents for correct information.
- File all training documents accurately and securely.
- Ensure personnel details are accurate, up-to-date and available as required.
- Ensure personnel records are up-to-date.
- Make logistical arrangements for the department.
- Schedule and arrange internal & external training as well as logistical arrangements.
- Facilitate payment requests for external courses.
- Ensure all signed, post event evaluation forms are retained and reviewed.
- Preparation and distribution of certificates and permits.
- Action all requests and queries relating to training administration.
- Generate picking slips.
- Create Purchase Orders
- Maintain a calendar of events and book attendees against scheduled events.
- Other duties as reasonably directed by the supervisor.
- Diploma in specific business related course
- Excellent skills in document control and records management (electronic and hard copies)
- Computer literate in MS Word, Excel & Powerpoint (all Intermediate Level)
- Typing Skills
- A minimum of 3 year’s relevant experience in an administrative role.
- Behavioural Traits
- Must be thorough and detail oriented.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Must be dependable and self-motivated.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact with people of different cultures.
- Works with minimum supervision.
- Thinking safely.
- Upholding quality.
- Overtime work when required.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and application on company website: