Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambian Copperbelt and consists of a large – scale mining license covering an area of approximately 240 square kilometres. The mine is a modern, world class facility with fully mechanized underground operations.
Lubambe Copper Mines is owned by EMR Capital of Australia (80%) and ZCCM – Investments Holdings (20%).
The Mine is currently in a ramp up stage and will ultimately produce 45, 000 tonnes of contained copper and will employ approximately 1,500 people. The Plant infrastructure consists of a Concentrator plant, a laboratory and underground infrastructure. The Concentrator incorporates crushing, milling, flotation and filtration. The design capacity is 2.5 MTPA of ore at an average mill grade of 2.3% copper, yielding 45,000 tonnes of contained copper in concentrate to be sold to smelter in Zambia.
To support this vision, Lubambe Copper Mine seeks to employ experienced and qualified individuals in the following positions:
This position reports to Communications Manager
Purpose of this position
To be responsible for producing and publishing content, writing, editing and proofreading, formulating content strategies and working with a cross functional content team. The job holder will also be responsible for multimedia articles, blog posts, social media content, intranet and web copy. This position requires a high level of creativity, analysis and high degree of attention to detail. Preference will be given to those with strong writing abilities and able to meet tight deadlines.
Key Performance Areas / Indicators (KPA/Is):
- Writing, editing and proofreading content;
- Develop business narratives and message that are in support of the content strategies and editorial decisions
- Develop business brand standards and content style guides, as well as the overall expression of the business’s corporate identity in the content that is put out.
- Develop first-class content with departmental contact persons using various production means in order to ensure optimal delivery of content to target audiences across multiple channels.
- Work and collaborate with content teams consisting of writers, graphic designers, videographers, to ensure brand consistency
- Validating content for accuracy and usability
- Formulating a cross – platform content strategy
- Provide editorial creative and technical support to departmental content persons and the communications team
- Track web traffic to ascertain content engagement levels
- Oversees all the content put out by the business to the media through, direct mail, email, interviews, speeches, recorded messages and newsletters
- Develop and manage content for distribution to online channels and social media platforms
- Develop an editorial calendar and ensure content team is on board
- Content officer will also perform other duties as are necessary for the effective execution of his/her duties and other duties as directed by the Manager Communications.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Mass Communication or related communications field from a recognized institution.
- 3 – 4-year experience in corporate communications, writing, editing or web related marketing development preferably in the private sector and/ or media institution.
- Demonstrable creative writing and verbal communication skills;
- Solid editing and formatting skills
- Strong analytical skills, showing deep interest in research and analysis of business-related content.
- High level organisational skill having a keen visual and aural perspective related to creation and presentation of materials;
- Possess the ability to interpret website, blog, and social media data in gauging success of the business’s content and campaigns and communicating meaningful results to the communications team and executives.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Proven experience as a content officer
- Hands on experience with Ms Office, Photoshop and Publisher
- Knowledge of HTML and web publishing
- Familiar with social media
- Excellent on- line communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and understand impacts of decisions
- Ability to work individually
- Conceptual ability.
- Good problem – solving techniques.
- Inspiring and outgoing personality;
- Flexible and ability to work in stressful environment
- Able to deal with a diversity of people and able to build long lasting relationships
- Able to recognize and seize opportunities
- Highly relatable individual
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae in MS word format to the email below. The closing date for receipt of applications: Please do not send scanned copies of your educational qualifications at this stage and clearly indicate the job applied for in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted