Reports to: Country Manager
Location: Corporate Office, Lusaka, Zambia
SPENN is a global Mobile Banking App developed by Blockbonds AS, a Norwegian Fintech company. Through the SPENN app, everyone can access services such as; payments to anyone, anywhere, shop in local stores, e-commerce, saving money and investment capabilities secure, instantly and free. The SPENN app is completely free to download and use. We believe that everyone should have equal access to banking services. If you share our values, we would love to have you on board our team, and commonly work towards success for our brand!
SPENN is a global mobile Banking App with a vision to give banking access to everyone, regardless of demographical, sociocultural and geographical factors. SPENN currently has a presence in 4 markets in Asia and Africa. We use our own payment solution to pay for all costs within the company.
- The Sales Team Lead will lead his sales team in executing events in an assigned territories through in-store demo activity, guerilla marketing, education forums and product events. The main responsibilities of the role are to increase awareness of the brand and product through constant consumer interaction, product use, and gather user feedback on product or service improvements.
The ideal candidate is a goal-oriented, hands-on individual who can quickly establish relationships and manage a growing field team. He/She will have a thirst for excellence and have a passion for helping the unbanked and underbanked on a daily basis.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Actively generate trial & produce awareness of the product through excellent execution of guerilla marketing, actual hands-on at events, in-store demos, account seeding and relationship-building with key-influencers.
- Manage and motivate a group of community ambassadors and agents in a particular territory.
- Develop strong rapport with field operations staff and management through consistent and professional communication
- Maintain reporting inclusive of the following: scheduling, activity recaps, execution insights, key learnings and best practices, ambassador performance, coaching and follow ups.
- Create, build and maintain strategic relationships with partners, retailers and users in order to grow the product’s acceptance in the assigned territory
- Keep abreast and report on products, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends
- Recommend local initiatives and product launches in new areas.
- Identify opportunities to improve consumer experience both in-store and in-market such as managing product knowledge base and user expectations.
- Ensure actual compliance to regulatory requirements, comply with the set budget, and solve/report other on-site issues.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications
- 3-5 years experience in field sales and store activation (in the financial industry is an advantage)
- 1+ year(s) of management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Business, Marketing or Communications
- Experience in building and scaling market expansion teams
- Existing relationships with corporate institutions and SME`s
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Strong geographic knowledge of the market is a must; familiarity with greater region a plus. Residing in the assigned territory is an advantage. Flexibility to travel as needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to establish good relationships and credibility with micro and small business owners as well as their customers.
- Excellent at managing time, priorities and expenses
- Able to work independently while being a team player
- A clean driving record
- Proficient in computer use
Company Perks & Benefits
- Mandatory government payments
- Paid leaves
- Sufficient equipment
- Great work environment
- Working for a socially good cause
- Growth in global tasks and responsibilities
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to:
Caroline Kirimi, Customer Service Lead –EAC