First Quantum Minerals Ltd. is an established and growing mining and metals company currently operating four mines and developing projects worldwide. Our aim is to become a globally diversified mining and metals company.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
We currently produce copper cathode, copper in concentrate, nickel, gold and sulphuric acid.
First Quantum’s current operations are the Kansanshi copper-gold mine in Zambia, the Guelb Moghrein copper-gold mine in Mauritania, the Kevitsa nickel-copper-PGE mine in Finland and the Ravensthorpe nickel-cobalt mine in Australia.
When our current projects are in operation, we expect we will be able to triple our annual copper production capacity and be positioned within the world’s 10 largest copper producers.
Sentinel is the first mine to be developed at the Trident project in the North Western Province of Zambia. The project comprises five large-scale mining licences and significant geological potential exists for expansion of operations, including the Enterprise nickel mine announced in December 2012. First Quantum is investing US$1.725-billion at the Sentinel mine and construction remains on time and on budget. Plant commissioning will commence in mid-2014 and copper production is expected reach 280 - 300,000 tonnes per annum.
- Create and revise systems and procedures by analysing operating practices, record keeping systems, forms control, office layout, etc.
- Resolve administrative problems by coordinating preparation of reports, analysing data and identifying solutions.
- Provide information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies and verifying receipt of supplies.
- Complete operational requirements by scheduling and assigning administrative projects.
- Answer and direct phone calls.
- Payroll management for the department.
- Organize and schedule appointments.
- Plan meetings and take detailed minutes.
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports.
- Book travel arrangements.
- Provide general support to visitors.
- Act as the point of contact for internal and external clients.
- Liaise with executive and senior administrative assistants to handle requests and queries from managers.
- Implement and monitor programs as directed by management, and see the programs through to completion.
- Any other tasks as may be delegated upon by the supervisor.
Qualification, Experience & Skill:
- Minimum of a diploma in Business Administration or related field.
- At least 4 years’ experience in the same or similar position (preferably in the mining industry).
- Proficiency in Microsoft office.
- Excellent report writing and practical leadership skills.
- Knowledge in basic health and safety.
- Outstanding organisational, communication, problem solving and motivational skills.
- In possession of a valid Zambian light vehicle driving license.
- Supply management and inventory control knowledge.
- Must have excellent communication and motivational skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be smart and driven.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Must be dependable.
- Must have excellent interpersonal Skills.
- Ability to interact with people of different cultures.
- Must be an excellent team player.
How to Apply
To apply for this job email your details to the email below: