First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Crane Operator certified by an OSHA accredited organization or a crafts man certificate
Member or the engineering instate of Zambia
Extras heavy driving licence is essential (EC or EC1)
OEM driver rigger qualifications an advantage (e.g. Grove, GMK, Franna, Manitowoc and Manitou).
- Crane Operator certified by an OSHA accredited organization or a crafts man certificate
- Member or the engineering instate of Zambia
- Extras heavy driving licence is essential (EC or EC1)
- OEM driver rigger qualifications an advantage (e.g. Grove, GMK, Franna, Manitowoc and Manitou).
- The specific tasks to be performed by the position holder will include;
- Field and workshop maintenance and related lifting gear inspections
- Lifting gear and related machinery inspections
- Carry out breakdown maintenance of MH equipment in the field and workshop (where relevant) in a timely and cost effective manner
- Reporting of fault finding and participate in root cause analysis when required
- Carry out planned maintenance according to maintenance schedules of MH equipment
- Ensure warranties are upheld
- Materials handling and crane operations and related safety inspections
- Set up and operate a mobile crane and lifting machinery
- Reporting of unsafe lifting equipment or lifting machine
- Communicate with others and take direction from dogman with regards to rigging or crane operations
- Required to inspect the lifting machine and all rigging equipment prior to use
Experience & skill:
- Must be up to date, and willing to comply with all SHE standards
- Familiar with all necessary safety equipment
- Able to assess each load and select proper equipment for the job
- Solid working knowledge of all rigging equipment
- Able to inspect rigging equipment to ensure it is in good working order
- Experienced with crane assembly and disassembly
- Solid math skills for calculating load requirements
- Physically capable of working in demanding conditions
- Able to sit, stand, bend, work on your feet and lift 50 lbs on a regular basis.
- Must be discreet and flexible.
- Must be responsible, focused and self – motivated.
- Ability to interact with people and work cohesively with them.
- Must physically capable of using and moving equipment and tools.
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision.
How to Apply
To apply for this job email your details to the email below: