Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
The One Acre Fund Zambia team is responsible for roughly ZMW 100,000 in spend each month and are responsible for all operational goods and service purchasing on behalf of over 10,000 smallholder farmers. We are seeking a team lead to manage the Zambia Procurement team, architect standardized processes, implement with sustained quality improvements, and drive 5% of purchasing cost out of the system.
You will coordinate across teams at One Acre Fund to maintain the consistent flow of purchasing information and ultimately deliver a world class purchasing department at the feet of our 10,000+ farmers across rural Zambia.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Manage Day-To-Day Execution:
- Deliver requested items to clients 100% on time, at the right specifications and at prices that are consistently below market rates
- Coordinate across teams to evaluate quality assurance measures and implement best practices
- Triage requests as they come in to assess lead times and project possible delays and challenges
- Run quarterly forecasting activities across teams to come up with a quarterly procurement plans
- Maintain accurate procurement data in the web portal and SAP system
- Work closely with internal teams to reduce overall spend
- Maintain and improve procurement process transparency
- Manage a 1 or 2-person team while providing support on team daily operations and professional development
- Coach purchaser(s) to identify high quality, high level suppliers and how to negotiate for best pricing and terms
- Set clear and well-documented expectations for all staff members on the procurement team and hold staff accountable to these rigorous expectations
- Work with multi-national staff and suppliers
- Identify opportunities to grow the team and work with manager on recruitment of strong local talent
- Set up procurement mechanisms and systems by incorporating procurement best practices and identifying strong, long-term supplier relationships.
- Map out current procurement practices to identify and implement cost- and time-saving improvements.
- Implement standardized practices to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and customer service.
- Realize 5% cost savings across items, communicate realistic lead times to requestors, and deliver with 95% accuracy in quality and timeliness.
- Represent the procurement team with OAF leadership and at inter-departmental meetings
- Ensure the procurement team is meeting the country program’s needs
- Represent OAF with external stakeholders
Career Growth and Development:
- We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance.
- We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals.
- You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
- We are seeking exceptional professionals with experience in and a passion for procurement and supply chain.
Experience in an entrepreneurial environment is a plus. Specific qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Work experience in a demanding professional environment, preferably in positions where frequent cross-department communication was required
- At least 3 years of people or project management experience at work or outside of work
- Experience in procurement, supply chain, engineering, or consulting strongly preferred
- Creativity and strong problem solving skills.
- You don’t take no for an answer and constantly look for alternative solutions to problems.
- Able to independently structure analyses related to procurement subject matter
- A passion for world class customer service
- Strong communication skills with suppliers, reports, peers and management
- Ability to work and make decisions independently
- Strong computer skills in at least Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required, experience using SAP preferred
- Top-performing academic background
- Language: Fluent in English
How to Apply
Click on the link to apply: