Zambia National Commercial Bank Plc (Zanaco) is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the following job aimed at contributing to the Bank’s strategic vision, in the Finance Division to be based at Head Office: –
Supporting the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in delivering the strategic agenda, including BAU activities such as the management of a wide variety of functions and supporting the CFO’s Office. To provide administrative support services to the CFO and Finance staff in order to promote efficient delivery of services and, where applicable, effective management of the Finance office.
Under the supervision of the Chief Financial Officer, the following are among the Job Key Responsibilities: –
- Provide complete administrative executive support and professional business skills to anticipate the CFO’s needs and successfully support daily business actions.
- Preparing plans, strategies and presentations for specific business initiatives, closely tracking the progress and implementation of critical business issues and initiatives.
- Support the preparation of board packs and responsible for execution of action items
- Facilitating coherent internal communication and knowledge sharing
- Produce and tailor reports to capture performance across all Operations units within finance
- Liaison between CFO, staff and other stakeholders to ensure appropriate follow-up with assignments, projects and critical issues.
- Maintenance of departmental files and filing systems
- Obtain and prepare meeting agenda and materials for CFO’s review prior to meetings.
- Receive and screen phone calls, messages, and emails, providing appropriate information and resolving conflicts.
- Responsible for scheduling and managing the CFO’s calendar including prioritizing and resolving related conflicts and competing demands, proactively scheduling important meetings with internal and external individuals and maintaining an organized office
- Working with colleagues to support planning for staff socials, events and other departmental functions
- Provide support and advice to Accounts Payable through Head Finance to ensure payments are processed in a timely, efficient and accurate manner for the Bank.
- Co-ordinate with Head Finance for all issues related to staff/Vendors payments.
- Address internal customer queries/complaints in a timely manner and maintain an issue log to ensure senior management address any recurrent/persistent issues.
- Submit vendor invoices to Payables to facilitate timely payment
- Process urgent payments/cash voucher for the Bank
- Processing invoices, purchase orders and expenses for the CFO
- Reconcile supplier statements and identify outstanding invoices/costs not yet submitted by the business for payment and initiate follow up actions to ensure prompt payment of vendors.
- Process all appropriately approved manual payment requests
- Maintain archival for all paid invoices as per policy and update payment tracker to ensure every invoice scanned is paid on the stipulated payment dates
- Document and monitor all dashboards call action points for closure
- Additional assistance to units under the Finance Department/Division as needed
- Any other duties and tasks as may be assigned by management
Internal: All Divisions.
Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 Credit or above mandatory in Mathematics and English and any other three subjects.
- University Degree in Accounting, Banking & Finance, Economics, Business Management or relevant subject or a part qualified ACCA / CIMA.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a position with similar responsibilities preferably with a financial/banking institution.
- Associate Member of ZICA would an added advantage
- Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio)
Job Core Competencies
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Accuracy and completeness
- Attention to detail
- Solutions oriented
- Planning and organizing
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Team work
- Analytical skills
How to Apply
All applications must have an application/cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae indicating the position being applied for in the subject line and should be sent by email to the email below:
Kindly note that you MUST attach copies of Grade 12 and Tertiary qualifications along with the application cover letter and curriculum vitae. Applications sent without these attachments WILL NOTbe considered.
Only shortlisted applicants will be communicated to.
Zanaco provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and prohibits discrimination in employment.