Western Water and Sewerage Company (WWSC) is a Commercial Water Utility Company engaged in the business of providing water supply and sanitation services to its customers in the Urban and Peri- Urban areas of Western Province of Zambia.
In a bid to enhance service delivery and customer service management, Western Water and Sewerage Company Limited being an equal opportunities employer, is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position:
To be based at Head Office in Mongu.
- To develop and implement strategies, policies and objectives involving the design, installation, repair, maintenance and rehabilitation of water production, treatment, distribution and sanitation services and engineering activities in order to meet operating targets.
- The candidate should hold minimum qualification of a Degree in Water/Electrical/Mechanical or Civil Engineering.
- Must have Grade 12 full certificate.
- Paid up member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ).
Minimum Relevant Job Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years preferably in a Water Utility Company.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and execute a quality monitoring plan which ensures that 100% of water produced at plants, and 100% of water at consumer connections meet Zambia Bureau of Standards or WHO standards for drinking water.
- Development of treatment processes which ensures that 100% of sewage effluent meets Zambia Environmental Management Agency (ZEMA) effluent limits.
- Ensures that occupational health and safety related surveys e.g. noise, lighting and exposure to chemical substances are conducted and associated recommendations are made to management.
- Ensures that the quality monitoring plan is executed as per NWASCO guideline.
- Ensures adherence to Service Level Guarantees (SLG) and Service Level Agreements (SLA) between NWASCO and Western Water and Sewerage Company.
- Ensures that 100% of bacteriological tests pass WHO standards for drinking water at the water works/consumer connections.
- Ensure 95% of physical/chemical tests pass WHO standards for drinking water at water works/consumer points.
- Develops and ensures implementation of the maintenance Management System in Western Water and Sewerage Company to achieve optimum equipment/plant performance.
- Prepares project proposals for the Company in order to attract financing.
- Monitors adherence to safety, water quality, health issues in the Company to ensure safe operating environment for all staff in the Company by initiating emergency drills and spot audits.
- Reviews quality results obtained for both water and sewerage and takes corrective action where results are below the set quality standards.
- Ensures production, treatment and distribution of adequate and clean water ensures reduction of water losses and provision of cost effective sanitary services to customers.
- Prepares and submits timely, the departmental budget and thereafter monitors the budget performance.
- Provides overall project management for the Company’s approved Capital Expenditure Program through specifying engineering studies and design, supervision of internal project staff as well as contractors to ensure projects are completed within agreed timeframes, cost and quality specifications.
- Provides overall technical input in all procurements of equipment and services by reviewing purchase requisitions and attendance of procurement Committee meetings.
- Prepares and presents periodic technical reports to management, the Board, NWASCO, MWDSEP and other stakeholders for information and decision making
- Supervises, coaches, motivates, develops and disciplines subordinates and agrees, monitors, and reviews performance of subordinates in order to ensure that they work towards meeting their targets.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the managing Director from time to time.
Required Competences/Personal Qualities:
- Strategic/business planning skills
- Highly developed leadership and Management skills
- Development and Planning skills
- Computer literate
- Good analytical skills
- Good initiative and personal organization
How to Apply
The job of Senior Procurement Officer is a three (3) year fixed term contract renewable based on performance and personal conduct. Interested candidates aged between 35 and 45 years must submit their applications accompanied with detailed curriculum vitae and copies of academic and professional certificates and names of three (3) refereesto the following address to the email below:
The Managing Director,
Western water and sewerage Company Ltd,
6149 Independence Road,
PO BOX 910445