In line with our corporate priorities aimed at ensuring optimization of revenue collection and increased tax compliance or one hand and the need to effectively manage the numerous challenges and opportunities in the fast changing business environment on the other, we are seeking highly motivated, result-oriented and well-qualified and experienced professionals to fll the following vacancy under Internal Audit Department.
Reporting directly to the Director- Internal Audit, the job holder will be responsible for glanning and managing audits, consultancy and investigation assignments that aim at providing the Governing Board and Commissioner General. assurance on the adequacy and effectiveness of risk management, governance and internal controls in Zambia Revenue Authority.
- Appreciates various systems of operation and processes in the Authority;
- Plans audit assignments: reviewing and approving of audit programs and related working papers;
- Supervises audit staff to ensure that audil assignrrwnts are done thoroughly; production cf audit reports and ensuring quality control at all stages of the audit process:
- Contributes to the development and review of Risk Management Process, Internal Audit Policies, Procedures and Methodologies;
- Assists the DIA in preparing and subsequently monitonng operational audit plans and programmes.
- Develops the intial planning for agreed audits scheduled including the development of a time budget work plan for audits scheduled for a particular year;
- Controls and manage audit resources under the unitin relation to;
- Develops and superviseslcoach staff in the generation of audit programmes for scheduled audits and ensure that the audits are done in accordance with ZRAIAM standards;
- Ensure audit fieldwork for agreed audits is properly executed by conducting proper guidance for agreed audits scheduled for the year in accordance with ZRAIAM standards;
- Monitors the day-to-day progress and effectiveness of audit effort on all work assigned to staff and ensure engagement objectives are achieved and quality is assured through the review of audit papers or direct audit involvement
- Ensure audit reports are properly prepared in accordance with ZRAIAM standards for all scheduled audits, and sent to unit/section/station. at the end of each audit;
Actively Participates in the Internal Audit Technical committee deliberations to spearhead proactive identification of changes in business environment and ernerging professional and best ractice:
- Provides consulting’ services to various components and task force committees as approved by the Director Internal Audit. And carry out fraud and for other investigations.
- Minimum Requirements:
- Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate or General Certificate of Education or Equivalent
- Degree in Accounting or any other professional qualifications such as ACCA, CMA, CISA or CIA
- Minimum Requirement of 7 years relevant post – qualification expenence of which 5 years should at least have been at anagerial level in a reputable organisation.
Other Skills and Attributes:
- Self-starter with good Analytical skills and tenacity
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good decision-making abilities
- Strong Managerial skills i.e. motivating staff on the job training. directing, controlling and organising skills
- Strong Team and Relationship Managernent skills
How to Apply
Only candidates who meet the above role specifications and competencies should apply enclosing their detailed CVs, photocopies of their academic/professional qualifications and any other relevant documentation in support of the application.
Daytime and reachable telephone and/or mobile numbers should be clearly stated.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should roach the undersigned.
The Director, Human Resource,
Zambia Revenue Authority,
PO Box 35710,