First Quantum Minerals Ltd. is an established and growing mining and metals company currently operating four mines and developing projects worldwide. Our aim is to become a globally diversified mining and metals company.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
We currently produce copper cathode, copper in concentrate, nickel, gold and sulphuric acid.
First Quantum’s current operations are the Kansanshi copper-gold mine in Zambia, the Guelb Moghrein copper-gold mine in Mauritania, the Kevitsa nickel-copper-PGE mine in Finland and the Ravensthorpe nickel-cobalt mine in Australia.
When our current projects are in operation, we expect we will be able to triple our annual copper production capacity and be positioned within the world’s 10 largest copper producers.
Sentinel is the first mine to be developed at the Trident project in the North Western Province of Zambia. The project comprises five large-scale mining licences and significant geological potential exists for expansion of operations, including the Enterprise nickel mine announced in December 2012. First Quantum is investing US$1.725-billion at the Sentinel mine and construction remains on time and on budget. Plant commissioning will commence in mid-2014 and copper production is expected reach 280 – 300,000 tonnes per annum.
- Area of accountability is all ‘downstairs’ milling equipment from mill basement, to mill floor, to second level. Includes stockpile and mill feeders, stockpile feed conveyors. Auxiliary equipment includes mill chiller water system, mill lubrication systems, ball delivery system including storage hoppers; drive in sump, event pond. Boundary at the pebble crusher includes the CV9001/9002 pebble transfer station, up to point of delivery to CV9002.
- Wear your PPE
- Follow KML safety procedures and guidelines
- Undertake any ad hoc or non-routine requests assigned by your supervisor
- Ensure the mill is shut down safely and quickly without spillage. Ensure the mill is ready for subsequent re-start.
- Complete operating checks according to instructions given by the supervisor and deliver to the supervisor prior to end of each shift.
- Communicate issues that will affect the Rougher Flotation Operator.
- Escalate for advice and/or approval when needed.
- Complete shift handover.
- Defend the drive in sump from spillage.
- Inspect the circuit regularly and report all spillage and leaks.
- Slow or stop operations if slurry goes outside the bund.
- Minimise buildup of pebbles in the pebble bays.
- Ensure the grinding units are charged with media according to the schedule as advised by the metallurgist.
Experience & Skills:
- The Milling Operator will require knowledge, skills and experience in the following areas:
- At least 2 years’ experience in a processing plant, with exposure to grinding processes, preferably in copper production.
- Strong drive to maximise production and improve the circuit operations.
- Commitment to SHEC performance
- Strong drive and personal sense of ownership and accountability for circuit operations
- Ability to work and manage problems/actions across the timeframe of one shift
- Possess ability to analyse and understand metallurgical & equipment information
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Be diligent and thorough in approach
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- English language fluency
- Identify safety hazards and rectify/control.
- Adhere to and enforce all aspects of the company’s health, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and application on company website: