Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) is a nationally registered NGO working with development projects within the field of education, health, agriculture and other poverty alleviation programmes. Projects are carried out in all the provinces of Zambia reaching over 1 million people. Key funding partners include the Government of Zambia, national and international development organisations (USAID, EU, Global Fund, WFP and more) as well as private sector organisations.
DAPP in Zambia is a seeking qualified and experienced individual to fill the position of Human Resources Officer, for its Clothes and Shoes fundraising project. The position is tenable in Ndola.
Duties and Essential Job Functions:
- Participates in developing HR goals, objectives, and systems for C&S project and DAPP in general
- Tracks the implementation of the employee performance reviews and management system
- Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested
- Maintains the HR database and generates scheduled or requested reports to assist management and periodically audits the database to ensure accuracy
- Keeps employee records up-to-date by processing employee status changes in a timely manner
- Maintains personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements
- Schedules participants into training sessions and tracks participants and training records, (e.g. Frontline, workshops)
- Manages the logistics of the recruiting process, and participates as necessary
- Conducts new-employee orientation and prepares paperwork required for new employees
- Participates in disseminating the Employment Manual and other related policies and procedures
- Assists with the implementation and tracking of security, safety and health programs
- Participates on various committees to provide HR support and to monitor activities and completion of goals
- Controls and approves leave days for each employee, making certain that there are no accruals
- Evaluates and approves the need for temporal extra labour force when requested by the Area Managers
- Suggests initiatives to improve operating practices
- Reviews and updates operating manuals for the shops
- Drafts and or issues various correspondence as required
- Designs and drafts the half /annual Clothes and Shoes project HR report
- Participates in staff meetings and attends other meetings; and writes and distributes minutes of the meetings
- Takes responsibility to ensure that performance reviews are done at the scheduled times, without fail
- High Level of communication skills, with experience in preparing correspondence and other written materials
- Ability to work effectively as part of a diverse team
- High level in Microsoft Programs, particularly Excel
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality concerning employees and employee recordfs
- High level of personal integrity
- Diploma in Human Resources Management
- Membership of the Zambia Institute of Human Resources Management, with practising licence
- Minimum of 3 years experience
Applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CVs) and minimum 3 referees must be received
The cover letter and CV must be one document, and the applicant’s name must be the name of the document.
Indicate the job title as the subject of your email.
Please indicate your current salary and benefits in the cover letter.
Do not attach certificates and other documentation at this stage.