Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambian Copperbelt and consists of a large – scale mining license covering an area of approximately 240 square kilometres. The mine is a modern, world class facility with fully mechanized underground operations.
Lubambe Copper Mines is owned by EMR Capital of Australia (80%) and ZCCM – Investments Holdings (20%).
The Mine is currently in a ramp up stage and will ultimately produce 45, 000 tonnes of contained copper and will employ approximately 1,500 people. The Plant infrastructure consists of a Concentrator plant, a laboratory and underground infrastructure. The Concentrator incorporates crushing, milling, flotation and filtration. The design capacity is 2.5 MTPA of ore at an average mill grade of 2.3% copper, yielding 45,000 tonnes of contained copper in concentrate to be sold to smelter in Zambia.
To support this vision, Lubambe Copper Mine seeks to employ experienced and qualified individuals in the following positions:
- Mine Captain
- This position reports to the Mine Superintendent.
Purpose of this position
- To manage safety, quality and production and ensuring production targets are met safely.
Key Performance Areas / Indicators (KPA/Is):
- Supervise and oversee all mining development and production operations in compliance with Mining Regulations, Explosive Regulations and Safety standards
- Plan and co-ordinate daily, weekly, monthly and annual sectional development and production activities
- Meet set development and production targets in line with Company budget
- Ensure effective allocation and utilisation of manpower and equipment.
- Enforce Discipline among employees for industrial harmony and maximum production out put
- Train and develop subordinates for succession planning
- Promote adherence to safety, health and environment procedures, identify unsafe and hazardous situations.
- Diagnose incidents and accidents by completing route cause analyses and take corrective actions.
- Identify cause for and prevent below standard operating conditions.
- Manage, control and improve production and mining operations, including: contractor performance, safety, quality, production, cost and continuous improvement.
- Determine, implement and monitor production strategies, policies and plans.
- Planning and monitoring of production activities in terms of output quality and quantity, costs and labour
- Control the operation of production and quality procedures through planning of maintenance.
- Directing staff activities and monitoring their performance.
Academic Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma or Degree in Mining Engineering from a reputable institution
- Must be a holder of a valid Blasting License and First Aid Certificate
- Computer literate, proficient in use of Excel and Word.
- Must registered as an Engineer with the EIZ and ERB of Zambia.
- Minimum 5 years working experience in the Mining industry on trackless operations.
- Work with Technical departments and with trade union(s), supervisors and HR department to avoid and resolve personnel issues and grievances
- Understanding and interpretation of Mine plans and survey Lay outs
- Knowledge in mining budgeting, planning and monitoring mining operations efficiencies
- Knowledge of modern drilling and blasting techniques
- Understanding and enforcement of both Mining and Explosives Regulations
- Attention to detail with excellent organizational skills
- Stress management skills
- Time management skills
- Report writing skills
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae in MS word format to the email below: The closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday Please do not send scanned copies of your educational qualifications at this stage and clearly indicate the job applied for in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.