The Planned Parenthood Association of Zambia (PPAZ), established in 1972, is a non-governmental, not-for-profit organisation, which provides non-discriminatory, friendly, gender-sensitive and comprehensive Sexual and Reproductive Health (SHR) services to hard-to-reach and vulnerable groups who include young people and women of reproductive age in Zambia. PPAZ seeks to hire a Project Officer for Her Future, Her Choice project, which is a four (4) project to be implemented in Chibombo and Namwala districts of Zambia with support from Oxfam – Canada.
The Project Officer will be responsible for organizing, coordinating and implementing Her Future, Her Choice project in Chibombo and Namwala districts. S/he will directly report to the Manager – Program Support for overall technical direction while working with the overall support of the Director of Programmes.
Duty Station: PPAZ Head Office, Lusaka
- Management and Supervisory Responsibilities
- Overall management of the project activities by ensuring implementation is as outlined in the project approved Implementation Plan
- Work closely with the Manager – Program support and the Director of Programmes to ensure needed technical support for smooth implementation of the Project.
- Support coordination and collaboration with relevant government ministries and other consortium partners to leverage resources for maximum project impact
- Identify areas of collaboration with district-level stakeholders and promote linkages to other community services and initiatives
- Link the project to other projects within the organisation to contribute to the overall goals of the organisation
- Participate in coordination meetings with other consortium partners and stakeholders at the national and district levels.
- Develop required monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports
- Work closely with other key staff in the organisation to engage appropriate resource persons for specific tasks on the project as may be required
- Conduct periodic visits to the field to monitor progress on project Implementation
- Participate in the designing of Monitoring and Evaluation methods and tools for the Project.
- Collection success and lessons learnt to demonstrate project relevance and impact
Budgeting and Planning:
- Work closely with finance to meet financial objectives of the project by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions to ensure expenditure are in line with scheduled activities and on time.
- Ensure that project spending is in line with donor guidelines and requirements
- Work closely with the finance team to maintain a healthy burn rate for the Project.
- Develop monthly and Quarterly budget projections and activity plans to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in the implementation of planned activities
- Work closely with the finance team in the development of the annual budget
- Excellent understanding of project management techniques and methods
- Good understanding of the delivery of health services in Zambia especially sexual reproductive health services (SRH)
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Bachelor’s Degree in any social Science or health related-discipline or a relevant field
- Minimum of two (2) years’ work experience in a similar position
How to Apply
PPAZ is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates should send ONLY an application letter and detailed CV to this email:
The Executive Director,
Planned Parenthood Association of Zambia (PPAZ),
11 Nkanchibaya Road, Rhodespark,
PO Box 32221,
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.