Term of employment: One year; subject to renewal based on performance
Project name: Youth Lead Activity (YLA)
Project Back ground
Youth Lead is a three-year program launched in October of 2018. It is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented by FHI 360 in partnership with the National Youth Development Council and Avencion. Youth Lead is guided and informed by an advisory board, comprised of representatives from youth-led organizations, civil society groups, government entities, private sector actors, and USAID/Zambia. The goal of Youth Lead is to support, network, and elevate outstanding young leaders ages 18 – 35 from across Zambia to amplify the impact of their work and inspire civic innovation, promote a culture of sustained, citizen-responsive leadership. Youth Development, builds youth’s civic engagement skills through a training and internship program that will culminate in grant-funded, youth-led projects across all sectors, including but not limited to addressing women’s rights, health, and good governance.
Avencion is a Zambian owned social impact enterprise that delivers innovative and technology enabled development solutions to build and strengthen governments, organizations and communities.
Scope of work for Internship and Training Coordinator Position:
- Organize and facilitate leadership trainings for Youth Lead program interns, provide administration, logistical support and other duties assigned in delivering training.
- Mobilize Zambian youth to participate in internship program and manage the database and selection process.
- Engage public, private sector, and civil society organizations to host Zambian youth for Youth Lead internship program. Develop new relationships and maintain existing relationships with company and organizational leadership.
- Provide support to Youth Lead program interns through regular engagement, conduct site visits, and monitor their professional development.
- Work with Youth Lead program interns to ensure that they submit the required documentation in partnership with the monitoring and evaluation specialist to track their progress during their respective internships.
- Coordinate and facilitate weekly meetings for interns. Submit monthly planning report providing agenda for each meeting.
- Coordinate scheduled leadership and stakeholder events for Youth Lead program interns and host organizations.
- Ensure program Youth Lead program interns are on track and complete capstone projects by their Phase III leadership training.
- Good knowledge of human resources policies, practices and procedures and the ability to apply them in an organizational setting
- Is recognized as a knowledge resource in his/her broad professional community
- Demonstrates professional competence; contributes significantly to staff training and development; will lead meetings and discussions, and liaise and review input from external providers
- Self-motivated, proactive, detail-oriented, mature, professional team player, who is a strong communicator, with good interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work effectively with the youth between the ages of 18-35 years
- Can work with minimal guidance and supervision
- Adds value to team-based activities in his/her unit; collaborates with other entities involved in the Youth Lead program
- Acts as a model or mentor for colleagues
- Follows internal procedures to ensure high standards of performance and compliance with Institutional guidelines
- Integrates a gender and diversity perspective in all activities; Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Zambian citizen with 3+ years of experience in curriculum delivery and conducting training programs which are youth development focused; preference on a USAID funded program;
- University degree in human resources management, education, business management, social sciences, or related field; Professional development certification in talent management, including learning and development, coaching, facilitation and related areas considered an asset;
- Project management experience is an added advantage
- Training skills, including participatory training in group settings;
- Ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate).
How to Apply
Interested Candidates can attach their cover letter and CV, then send to this email below: