John Snow, Inc. (JSI) seeks highly qualified and accomplished public health leaders and providers for the United States Agency for International Development (USAID)/PEPFAR-funded Supporting an AIDS-Free Era (SAFE) Project in Zambia. The five-year project led by JSI in partnership with Abt Associates, mothers2mothers, and the Catholic Medical Mission Board, works to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission, while improving nutrition outcomes and family planning integration in three provinces: Central, Copperbelt, and North-Western. USAID/PEPFAR SAFE works with the GRZ, private sector and civil society institutions at the national, provincial, and district level to increase access to ART for HIV positive adults and children, reduce the incidence of new infections, improve Nutritional Assessment, Counseling and Services (NACS), family planning and cervical cancer screening services, and increase the capacity of local health institutions to better serve affected populations.
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Kabwe – Central Province
The USAID/PEPFAR SAFE Project works closely with GRZ health facilities to provide HIV/AIDS services in Central, Copperbelt and Northwestern Provinces. The Project now seeks the services of highly qualified and motivated Zambians to fill the position of Provincial Supply Chain Coordinator in Central Province.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Closely work with the Provincial and District Pharmacists on the GRZ side to ensure that there is steady supply of medical, pharmaceutical and laboratory supplies in SAFE supported facilities;
- Participate in ARVs and other HIV related pharmaceutical supplies’ forecasting and quantification
- Work with the operations team within SAFE to ensure service providers have the necessary clinical and non-clinical supplies
- Work with the Provincial Pharmacist to conduct supply chain audit inspections in all SAFE supported facilities in order to ensure accountability in the supply chain management of ARVs and other products
- Work with the IT unit to support GRZ to roll out approved electronic information management system in all SAFE supported pharmacies and HIV testing sites
- Enforce standard operation procedures on the management of pharmaceutical products in all SAFE supported facilities where ART is being provided
- Lead pharmaco-vigilance services among ART beneficiaries in all SAFE supported facilities and communities in order to achieve desired treatment outcomes;
- Ensure that data between clinics and pharmacies on the use of ARVs and other drugs are synchronized
- Plan for buffer stock to take care of shortages in pharmaceutical and laboratory supplies including HIV test kits and selected essential drugs
- Ensure that mobile service teams are well stocked with ARVs, HIV tests and other medical supplies
- Ensure all contract deliverables are meet within areas of Supply Chain at Provincial level
- Any other duty assigned by the Organisation.
Desirable Qualifications and Competencies:
- Degree in Pharmacy or its equivalent with at least 5 years’ work experience in busy environments including public health facility supply chain management or
- Diploma in Pharmacy with at least 10 years’ experience in similar environment.
- Strong analytical skills in forecasting;
- Familiarity with proper handling of private information and protocol regarding client confidentiality
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task efficiently and prioritize activities in support of Project goals and deadlines.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
How to Apply
Send an application via email ONLY to this email below: In the subject line please CLEARLY indicate the position you are applying for; only those applications that reference the position in the subject line will be reviewed. Your application should consist of a cover letter and CV with three references and full addresses and contact information.