Lusaka Provincial Health Office (LPHO) with Support from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the under listed position:
Location: Lusaka Sub- Districts
Job Purpose: To provide direct technical support, supervision and mentorship to all health facilities in their respective Sub districts/ districts in TB/HIV program, VMMC and data management. The HIV/TB Medical mentor will also ensure delivery of quality TB and HIV services in all supported sites.
Reports to: Medical Superintendent
- Perform timely and regular analysis of site level performance of every site in their assigned district(s) with special attention to highest impact sites.
- Undertake creative and innovative solutions to challenges identified at sites within their assigned district(s).
- Provide targeted and evidence-driven clinical mentorship to TB/HIV treatment staff for both adult and paediatric care services, including PMTCT in health facilities.
- Supervision of District Clinical Mentor (Clinical Officer- Mentor) within assigned districts.
- Serve as liaison between LPHO and District Health Office as well as other implementing partners/stakeholders at the district level including community based organizations, on issues relating to the implementation of TB/HIV activities.
- Provide technical support and supervision in initiating and improving ongoing clinical care for patients receiving treatment for Opportunistic Infection (Ol’s), TB, HIV and PMTCT as well as preoperative and post-operative care for VMMC client
- Provide technical support to service delivery teams at facility and community levels in order to increase and improve access to care, case identification and retention in care as well as improvement in treatment outcomes including viral load suppression.
- Provide technical support for the establishment of site-level patient flow patterns to ensure effective infection control, provision of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for clinical and managerial staff in supported health facilities.
- Provide technical support for effective referral of tuberculosis and HIV patients from communities to facilities and vice versa and assist to develop systems for patient tracking and feedback at both facility and community level in the district.
- Actively participate in TB/HIV research induding identification and documentation of evidence based best practices.
- Actively participate in supporting adolescent and childhood HIV healthcare needs.
- Participate and provide mentorship to Clinical teams in supporting patients in need of care for non-communicable diseases and nutrition.
- Actively participate in supporting efforts aimed at accelerating differentiated Service Delivery.
- Coordinate and provide updates as required for TB/HIV Technical and Clinical Meetings at district and facility level.
- Participate in identification of training gaps in TB/HIV at both community and health facility level in the district.
- Participate in LPHO program performance assessment, monitoring and CDC SIMS, document finding and assist sites to develop remedial measures and implementation of recommendations.
- Provide technical support to health facilities with low PT results and assist sites to develop remediation measures.
- Compile weekly, monthly, quarterly as well as annual and ad-hoc reports as required using the recommended format; and
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate
- Fully qualified Medical Doctor from reputable institution;
- At least five (5) years of relevant work experience the field of TB and HIV control activities, supervisory experience at health facility or district level will be an added advantage.
- Basic training in TB/HIV, HIV management for both adults and pediatrics and/or PMTCT.
- Registered with the Health Professions Council of Zambia with a valid practicing
- Computer literate, with high competency in using Microsoft office applications (Microsoft office application)
- Must have experience in PEPFAR supported TB/HIV activities.
- Must have strong understanding of the reporting hierarchy at all levels of service delivery.
- Good proficiency in oral and written English as well interpersonal skills.
- Must have high level of confidentiality and Integrity.
- Trustworthy and Honest.
How to Apply
Interested candidates meeting the above stated qualifications and attributes are required to submit their applications with the following documents; Curriculum Vitae with Three (3) traceable Referees, Academics and Professional Qualifications, Full Registration with relevant professional bodies where applicable to the address below:
An attractive package will be offered to successful applicants who will be appointed on Contract for an initial period of Three (3) months subject to renewal depending on performance.
Applicants should provide valid phone numbers for easy communication.
Applications should be clearly marked “Application for vacant District Case Based Surveillance Officer under LPHO/ CDC Support”
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kindly note that GRZ serving officers are not eligible to apply.
The Provincial Health Director,
Lusaka Provincial Health Office,
3 Saise Road, Long Acres,
PO Box 32573,