Lusaka Provincial Health Office (LPHO) with Support from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the under listed position:
Location: Lusaka Provincial Health Office
- To provide pharmaceutical care services in the Lusaka Province to ensure availability and accessibility of medicines and medical supplies at all levels of service delivery.
Reports to: Chief Pharmacist (LPHO)
- Orders timely buffer stocks of essential medicines and other pharmaceuticals in order to ensure smooth effective and efficient delivery of pharmaceutical services.
- Monitors and evaluates regular activities in the delivery of Pharmaceutical Services at all levels of service delivery in order to implement appropriate interventions.
- Oversees timely preparation and implementation of action plans of budgets in order to facilitate the acquisition and utilization of drugs and other pharmaceuticals and attainment of set objectives and resource mobilization.
- Coordinates and participates in the preparation of action plans, progress reports, annual reports for purpose of effective and efficient delivery of Pharmaceutical services.
- Evaluates the performance of the Pharmacy staff and identifies training needs among staff, in consultation with Human Resource and Administration Unit in order to develop capacity development programs.
- Coordinates accurate implementation of quality assurance programmes in order to ensure provision of quality pharmaceutical services.
- To perform routine drug audit; and
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisors.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy
- At least Five (5) years relevant job experience
- Computer literate, with competency in using Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Good proficiency in oral and written English as well interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently
- Must have strong understanding of the reporting hierarchy at all levels of service delivery.
- Other Attributes:
- Must have high level of confidentiality and Integrity.
- Trustworthy and Honest.
How to Apply
Interested candidates meeting the above stated qualifications and attributes are required to submit their applications with the following documents; Curriculum Vitae with Three (3) traceable Referees, Academics and Professional Qualifications, Full Registration with relevant professional bodies where applicable to the address below:
An attractive package will be offered to successful applicants who will be appointed on Contract for an initial period of Three (3) months subject to renewal depending on performance.
Applicants should provide valid phone numbers for easy communication.
Applications should be clearly marked “Application for vacant District Case Based Surveillance Officer under LPHO/ CDC Support”
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kindly note that GRZ serving officers are not eligible to apply.
The Provincial Health Director,
Lusaka Provincial Health Office,
3 Saise Road, Long Acres,
PO Box 32573,