Lusaka Provincial Health Office (LPHO) with Suppott from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the under listed position:
Location: Lusaka Provincial Health Office
To Coordinate the collection, processing, evaluation and reporting of all PEPFAR indicators in order to facilitate decision making in the Province for all HIV& AIDS, TB Prevention, Treatment, Care and Support programs.
Reports to: Principal Planner
- To supervise and provide overall technical oversight and leadership in developing and implementation of comprehensive M&E systems / framework for the LPHO-CoAg supported programs within the broad Ministry of Health Management information systems and the PEPFAR Framework.
- To effectively provide overall oversight and quality control measures, identify problems and provide feedback to M&E and Data staff
- To provide timely routine data analysis and feedback to the program teams and facilities.
- Supervises and coordinates effectively, the updating of the PEPFAR information in order to facilitate accessibility of information, generation of reports, efficient storage and retrieval of information for decision making.
- To coordinate effectively, the preparations of the budgets and acquisition of financial resources under the COAg in order to implement planned activities.
- Undertakes regularly operational research and evidence generation in HIV/TB and health information programs and systems in order to facilitate generation of information for LPHO-CoAg.
- Manages effectively regular training on health information and management system in order to impart appropriate HIV/AIDS/TB data skills and knowledge.
- Supervises, monitors and evaluates timely COAg programs in order to implement appropriate interventions; and
- Supervises effectively the utilization and tracking of Human, Financial and other resources in order to facilitate achievement of project objectives.
- Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate;
- Bachelor of Arts in Demography, Statistics or any other social science related degree
- At least Five (5) years relevant job experience
- A master’s degree in Public health, Demography, Statistics or Epidemiology will be an added advantage
- Computer literate, with competency in Microsoft office application (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proficiency in statistical packages such as SPSS, STATA etc. will be an added advantage.
- Experience in processing Facility Information Management Systems (FIMs)
- Good proficiency in oral and written English as well interpersonal skills; and
- Ability to work independently
- Must have high level of confidentiality and Integrity.
- Trustworthy and Honest.
How to Apply
Interested candidates meeting the above stated qualifications and attributes are required to submit their applications with the following documents; Curriculum Vitae with Three (3) traceable Referees, Academics and Professional Qualifications, Full Registration with relevant professional bodies where applicable to the address below:
An attractive package will be offered to successful applicants who will be appointed on Contract for an initial period of Three (3) months subject to renewal depending on performance.
Applicants should provide valid phone numbers for easy communication.
Applications should be clearly marked “Application for vacant District Case Based Surveillance Officer under LPHO/ CDC Support”
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kindly note that GRZ serving officers are not eligible to apply.
The Provincial Health Director,
Lusaka Provincial Health Office,
3 Saise Road, Long Acres,
PO Box 32573,