Lusaka Provincial Health Office (LPHO) with Support from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the under listed position:
Location: Lusaka Sub – Districts
Job Purpose: To prepare monthly cash flow requests, documentation and financial reports to ensure adherence to financial regulations and guidelines.
Report to: Assistant Accountant
- Prepare financial reports in line with GRZ/PEPFAR Project policies and procedures
- Prepare budgets, track expenditure and perform variance analyses
- Ensure effective financial management
- Ensure compliance with relevant project/donor rules, regulations and internal controls
- Data capture of financial transactions into the accounting system
- Prepare for both internal and external audits and/or financial reviews
- Provide checks and balances of financial transactions
- A liaison person with the bank on financial maters
- Prepare cash flow forecasts and ensure effective cash flow management
- Prepare payments to vendors and other service providers under the project
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and track bank transactions
- Ensure proper asset and inventory management in line with laid down procedures
- Reconcile activity advances and ensure adequate backup documentation
- Orients none finance program staff on key financial, procurement and stores management requirements and supporting documents
- Conducts quarterly finance and resource review audits in all programs
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate
- Minimum of a Diploma in Accounting/Finance or equivalent from a recognized institution or Professional qualification such as ACCA / ZICA/CIMA Part 2.
- Experience with Navision Accounting system and Excel Spreadsheets will be an added advantage.
- Valid ZICA membership.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- A minimum of Two (2) years’ experience in Financial Management.
- Experience with GRZ/PEPFAR funded projects.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Good proficiency in oral and written English.
- Good computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Office
- Must have high level of confidentiality and Integrity.
- Trustworthy and Honest.
How to Apply
Interested candidates meeting the above stated qualifications and attributes are required to submit their applications with the following documents; Curriculum Vitae with Three (3) traceable Referees, Academics and Professional Qualifications, Full Registration with relevant professional bodies where applicable to the address below:
An attractive package will be offered to successful applicants who will be appointed on Contract for an initial period of Three (3) months subject to renewal depending on performance.
Applicants should provide valid phone numbers for easy communication.
Applications should be clearly marked “Application for vacant District Case Based Surveillance Officer under LPHO/ CDC Support”
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kindly note that GRZ serving officers are not eligible to apply.
The Provincial Health Director,
Lusaka Provincial Health Office,
3 Saise Road, Long Acres,
PO Box 32573,