Lusaka Provincial Health Office (LPHO) with Support from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the under listed position:
Location: Lusaka Sub — districts
Job Purpose: To coordinate the implementation of community HIV/TB Programs in Lusaka District in order to ensure clients tracked from the community are linked to health facilities in the treatment cascade.
Reports to: Public Health Specialist
- Coordinates the provision of HIV Testing Services to clients at Community Level according to National HIV Consolidated Guidelines in order to contribute to HIV epidemic control.
- Ensure retention in care in order to maintain continuum of HIV prevention and care services.
- Coordinates and supervises community activities for TB contact tracing, defaulter tracing and active case finding to halt and eliminate TB in the community.
- Supervises community activities that create awareness and increase demand for VMMC services in order to reduce the incidence of HIV.
- Supervises community activities that create awareness and demand for cervical cancer screening services in women to prevent cervical cancer in HIV positive women.
- Supervises and undertakes timely, preparations of budgets for the District in order to facilitate the acquisition of financial and material resources.
- Undertakes effectively and efficiently trainings in the Sub -District in order to improve awareness, uptake and treatment outcomes.
- Monitor and evaluate effectively all Community HIV Programs including Peadiatric, Adolescents and Men in order to facilitate implementation of appropriate interventions; and
- Supervises effectively, human, financial and other material resources in order to facilitate achievement of set objectives.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Grade Twelve ( 12) School Certificate
- Bachelor of Arts (Social Sciences) or Bachelor of Science in Public Health
- At least Two (2) years relevant job experience in HIV/ TB setting at community level.
- Computer literate, with competency in using Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Good proficiency in oral and written English as well interpersonal skills; and
- Ability to work independently
- Must have high level of confidentiality and Integrity.
- Trustworthy and Honest.
How to Apply
Interested candidates meeting the above stated qualifications and attributes are required to submit their applications with the following documents; Curriculum Vitae with Three (3) traceable Referees, Academics and Professional Qualifications, Full Registration with relevant professional bodies where applicable to the address below:
An attractive package will be offered to successful applicants who will be appointed on Contract for an initial period of Three (3) months subject to renewal depending on performance.
Applicants should provide valid phone numbers for easy communication.
Applications should be clearly marked “Application for vacant District Case Based Surveillance Officer under LPHO/ CDC Support”
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kindly note that GRZ serving officers are not eligible to apply.
The Provincial Health Director,
Lusaka Provincial Health Office,
3 Saise Road, Long Acres,
PO Box 32573,