Lusaka Provincial Health Office (LPHO) with Support from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the under listed position:
Location: Lusaka Sub — Districts
Job Purpose: To coordinate community mobilization through community outreach programs and supervise the Community Health Workers in order to improve awareness and uptake of HIV/TB health promotion, prevention, treatment and retention activities.
Reports to: Sub – District Community Coordinator
- Coordinates Support Groups and Community Based Organizations in order to create a strong and harmonious linkage between the community and health facility structures.
- Undertakes the provision of HIV testing and TB screening services to clients at
- Community Level according to National HIV/TB Consolidated Guidelines.
- Supervises Community Health Workers to promote retention in care in order to maintain continuum of HIV/TB prevention and treatment services.
- Supervises and undertakes community activities for TB contact tracing, defaulter tracing and active case finding to halt and eliminate TB in the community.
- Undertakes and supervises community activities with VMMC Foot Soldiers that create awareness and increase demand for VMMC services and link clients to appropriate care in order to reduce the incidence of HIV.
- Undertakes community activities to create awareness and demand for cervical cancer screening services in women to prevent cervical cancer in HIV positive women.
- Undertakes timely, preparations of budgets for the community in order to facilitate the acquisition of financial and material resources.
- Conducts mentorship and onsite trainings for Community Health Volunteers in order to improve awareness, uptake and treatment outcomes; and
- Monitors the performance of all Community HIV/TB Program targets in order to facilitate implementation of appropriate interventions.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate
- Diploma in any Social Science or Public Health
- Atleast One (1) year relevant job experience.
- Computer literate, with competency in using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); and
- Good proficiency in oral and written English as well interpersonal skills
- Must have high level of confidentiality and Integrity.
- Trustworthy and Honest.
How to Apply
Interested candidates meeting the above stated qualifications and attributes are required to submit their applications with the following documents; Curriculum Vitae with Three (3) traceable Referees, Academics and Professional Qualifications, Full Registration with relevant professional bodies where applicable to the address below:
An attractive package will be offered to successful applicants who will be appointed on Contract for an initial period of Three (3) months subject to renewal depending on performance.
Applicants should provide valid phone numbers for easy communication.
Applications should be clearly marked “Application for vacant District Case Based Surveillance Officer under LPHO/ CDC Support”
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kindly note that GRZ serving officers are not eligible to apply.
The Provincial Health Director,
Lusaka Provincial Health Office,
3 Saise Road, Long Acres,
PO Box 32573,